CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

Help New corn snake owner

Old 08-04-2021, 02:44 AM   #1
Devon
Help New corn snake owner

So I have a baby Okeetee corn snake I’ve had them for about 3 weeks now they’ve eaten twice and shed once since I’ve had them and I can’t help but wonder if they are still gettin used to the enclosure cause they seem to be expressing stress cause they constantly are at the walls of the tank and I only see him from 6 to 12 am or pm and I don’t want them stressing out I have them inside a 20 gallon long with 3 hides a humid hide and a lil fake plant and a cork round but they only use one hide and the cork round also I wasn’t told a gender when I got them sadly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 08-04-2021, 06:47 AM   #2
nikkirnoto
I'm new to snakes too, we got our 1st a few weeks ago. The 1st few days I was so nervous that the Temps weren't regualted and constantly checking to make sure our snake was settling well. But after about 4-5 days I started to feel better..
So far I have observed that ours likes the cool side of the tank the most. "She" favors 1 area and rarely can be found in other areas. Snakes are crepuscular which means they are most active at dawn and dusk. In nature this would be when they hunt. Your snake sounds to be acting snake like.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Old 08-04-2021, 11:58 AM   #3
MysticExotics
They will likely settle down with time.

Old 08-04-2021, 11:37 PM   #4
SnakeCreations
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devon View Post
So I have a baby Okeetee corn snake I’ve had them for about 3 weeks now they’ve eaten twice and shed once since I’ve had them and I can’t help but wonder if they are still gettin used to the enclosure cause they seem to be expressing stress cause they constantly are at the walls of the tank and I only see him from 6 to 12 am or pm and I don’t want them stressing out I have them inside a 20 gallon long with 3 hides a humid hide and a lil fake plant and a cork round but they only use one hide and the cork round also I wasn’t told a gender when I got them sadly
The fact that it's eating is a good sign that it's not too stressed! Congrats. If you want to know the sex, there are DNA services that seem to give reliable results.

Enjoy and post pics of your snake!!

-Tonya

Old 08-06-2021, 02:18 AM   #5
Devon

This is my lil baby I love them so much already I’m hoping it’s a boy cause I have the name Guido Mista but I’ll find out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 08-06-2021, 04:28 PM   #6
SnakeCreations
Super cute! Congrats!

-Tonya

Old 08-12-2021, 10:25 AM   #7
Caryl
Cute baby! Lots of pretty morphs but they still dothing prettier than a nice Oketee.

Your little one's just exploring its world, like any little one. Eating is good. And the fact that you're seeing it out and about is also good. If it was stressed, the baby would be hiding unless you put a hand in and it felt threatened. Baby snakes are prey for many, many things and their instincts tell them to hide if they're stressed. And in nature, corns are generally most active around dusk into early evening, so your baby's biological clock is right on time.

Enjoy!

Old 09-14-2021, 07:35 PM   #8
Maevenish
While I am not an expert, my one corn snake Peach is 3 years old and a doll. I noticed as she got bigger she got braver with the world. I did handle her often. Maybe short 10-15 minutes a day or every other day. Now when she's burrowing in my too deep aspen shavings (like 6-8 inches) she will not get defensive or strike. Just be very sweet to your beautiful baby and handling should improve her interactions with you. I've taken her to a school show and tell (for my daughter) and to an art show (hidden under my cardigan) and she's fine. Just pay attention to your snek's attitude and be sweet to him/her. My baby doesn't bite and trusts me. It's a relationship that is two way. You get what you give. Enjoy your baby! They are amazing pets.

Old 09-14-2021, 07:37 PM   #9
Maevenish
Forgot to add

That she's chill when I pull her out of the aspen. She's only striked at me once and it was when she was little and hungry and thought my thumb was her mouse. She trusts me and I trust her. She's amazing.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google