CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Cornsnake shed question

Old 09-25-2021, 04:43 PM   #1
Nyrkorey
Cornsnake shed question

So new snake owner and he went through his first shed about 1.5 weeks ago, everything came off fine, like his head , eyes, most his body. But some of his belly looks like he is having a hard time shedding. What could I do to help him? His humidity the guage says its around 40%.. what can I do? Spray him with water maybe or what do people suggest. Thinking maybe of getting a little container put wet moss in it and close it and maybe he would go in?

Old 09-25-2021, 05:16 PM   #2
hypnoctopus
Can you post a picture? It would be very unusual for the belly to have stuck shed. But anyway, you can moisten a wash cloth or paper towel and hold him with it. While he slithers through it, apply gentle pressure to help the shed come loose.

Old 09-25-2021, 06:42 PM   #3
Nyrkorey
I'll try and get one tomorrow, its not so much his belly i may of mis said that wrong, its his like sides, its not alot it looks like but its been there longer then everything else fell off, his belly is fine, its his sides. I just fed him so ill have to wait 2 days or so to do the paper towel idea

Old 09-25-2021, 08:02 PM   #4
hypnoctopus
Okay, yeah, let him digest before you mess with him! The sides makes more sense, sometimes a bit of shed doesn't come off. In the future, if it happens again, help him get it off right away. I can't imagine it's very comfortable to have pieces of stuck shed on you for an extended time.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google