CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Bad/Incomplete Shed: What To Do

Old 09-09-2007, 05:27 PM   #1
Nanci
Bad/Incomplete Shed: What To Do

If your snake sheds, and all you find is a few pieces, check the snake to make sure all the shed has come off. You may find your snake still has pieces of shed clinging to her! Don't worry, but don't leave her like that, either.

Old 09-09-2007, 05:29 PM   #2
Nanci
Take a plastic container (I used a feeding container with a secure lid and air holes) and put in a washcloth and fill with room temperature water- just enough to cover most of the snake's body, but not over her head so she has to swim. Put the snake in and set a timer for 20 minutes.

Old 09-09-2007, 05:30 PM   #3
Nanci
I checked Lila after ten minutes, and saw that all of her shed appeared to be in the container, rubbed off by her slithering through the wet washcloth. I took her out and ran her through the washcloth several times to be sure. I noted that the shed included a complete tail tip.

Old 09-09-2007, 05:31 PM   #4
Nanci
Next, take your beautiful snake out for a photoshoot in her new skin!

Thanks for looking- hopefully this will help someone down the line!

Nanci

Old 09-09-2007, 05:38 PM   #5
CALIVIK
Nanci your so wonderful girl! Lila is so happy she has a Momma like you!

And thanks for the instructions. I always wondered how to do it.

kisskiss!

Old 09-09-2007, 05:39 PM   #6
Roy Munson
What a beauty! I've only had a few bad sheds like that, and I did pretty much the same thing. I left them in a container full of damp paper towels for a couple of hours.

Old 09-09-2007, 05:40 PM   #7
Nanci
That's only my second bad shed with seven snakes in two years.

Nanci

Old 09-09-2007, 05:40 PM   #8
Snake Dave
Excellent advice there Nanci, I'm sure that'll help me in the future.

Old 09-09-2007, 05:58 PM   #9
Vinny/Birmingham/UK
Smile

Wonderful pictures.

Old 09-12-2007, 01:48 AM   #10
The Knight
Hey Nanci....thank you so much. Just came across this. I should be getting my first corns in tmrw (Weds), pretty excited about it. A Common and a Miami Phase.
Been doing alot of homework on all aspects, and this idea of yours is terrific. I'll definitely bookmark. Thank you.
Oh.....and Lila is Gorgeous

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
shedding problem