CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Bad/Incomplete Shed: What To Do

Old 02-02-2008, 05:30 PM   #21
connord94
I'm no expert but maybe a thinner cloth, which is COMPLETELY covered in water.

I'm sure nanci could give you better advice.

Cheers,
Connor

Old 12-14-2008, 05:54 PM   #22
Michael luke
hi all, got my first ever snake lastweek. its a baby carolina corn snake. 3months old. it hides under its waterbowl 24/7 just lately!!! and i opend his viv earlia to give him a change of water, and seen his eyes were like a reali milky blue colour, does this mean he is shedding? this was about 6hours ago i noticed this. he is stil under his water bowl. what should i do just leave him? his waterbowl aint really big enough for him to move about under, thanks please write back someone

Old 12-14-2008, 06:48 PM   #23
Nanci
If his eyes are blue, he's not ready to shed yet. Just leave him alone. Soon, his eyes will be clear, but you may not be able to find a shed. If so, he will shed in the next 24 hours or so.

Old 12-14-2008, 06:53 PM   #24
Michael luke
ok thanks. well il doing another post here tomoro after change his water and let you kno how its going

Old 12-14-2008, 09:05 PM   #25
a_god_s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjay View Post
I wish all good advice came with such nice pictures! That was very helpful. Lila is just lovely.
What a beautiful model to work with!! Love that color!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAKEWISPERA View Post
STICKY THIS
^^^says it all
I Second that!

If you have a large area of unshed skin to contend with this approach seems to be much less stressful than rubbing through a cloth (and much simpler!!) The snake does all the work!

This is very helpful advice, Thanks Nanci!!

Old 12-15-2008, 01:54 PM   #26
Michael luke
hi all, hmm this morning my corn stil had milky eyes, but now there as gd as black again? :S he is dueto be fed. would it be ok and safe to feed him? i aint sure if he is sheddin or not? :S

Old 12-15-2008, 02:00 PM   #27
Caryl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael luke View Post
hi all, hmm this morning my corn stil had milky eyes, but now there as gd as black again? :S he is dueto be fed. would it be ok and safe to feed him? i aint sure if he is sheddin or not? :S
Some eat "in blue" and some don't, but it's safest to wait, especially since this one is new to you. You can expect a shed anywhere from 7-10 days after the cloudy eyes, with occasional normal variances.

Just by the way, your posts are more likely to be taken seriously if you drop the "text talk." And welcome to the hobby!

And Nanci - what a beauty your Lila is!

Old 01-28-2009, 07:52 AM   #28
KDRGM
Just quick question.???

wot temp should the water be and can i use a fish thermometer ( the glass 1?)?

just wandering because my amel still has skin on tip of tail

plz help

thanx

KEV

Old 01-28-2009, 08:20 AM   #29
measley
I usually fill it up with room temperature water

Old 01-28-2009, 09:06 AM   #30
danielle
What morph is lila I love her. I am guessing lavender something, but she's more than a lavender...any blood in there?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
shedding problem