CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Bad/Incomplete Shed: What To Do

Old 01-13-2010, 01:13 AM   #51
K. Rene
I agree she is beautiful, what morph is she? Lavender.....? Thanks for the tips.

Old 01-19-2010, 12:00 PM   #52
luckilylovinlyfe
I mad a mistake and didn't notice that the very tip of keikos skin didn't come off during her shed....when I noticed it was too late and the very tip of her tail was black I put her in a container wit the washclothe hoping it would do something and it did...the tip fell off..I feel like such a bad person for not noticing that before...but she's fine now so I guess it doesn't bother her...that was about 2 weeks ago

Old 03-31-2010, 02:47 AM   #53
Prejac
Silly, but still serious question. When I go to wash the towel and plastic container that were used for this, is there any harm in putting the container in the dish washer with the rest of the dishes (as long as its dishwasher safe itself), and washing the washcloth with my bedding and/or clothes?

Old 03-31-2010, 03:59 AM   #54
Tawfik47
It's my first time i see this thread. Thank u very much and really Lila is so happy she has a Momma like you!

Old 03-31-2010, 05:21 AM   #55
Nanci
I would only worry about spreading reptile germs around if you had an immunocompromised family member. And I'd wash everything in hot water.

Old 03-31-2010, 05:54 AM   #56
Prejac
Nope, no one in the household that has any sort of immunodeficiency, that I know of. I just had to ask since I got a weird look when I threw in the washcloth that my little guy slithered around on to help get the last few inches of his tail shed off in the wash with the rest of my clothes, and was given the "not in my dishwasher" with the plastic container. Thanks for the reply.

Old 05-04-2010, 07:38 AM   #57
concreteambassador
thank you so much!

Old 05-04-2010, 09:21 AM   #58
Miqote
This really helped. Sprinkle gave me my first snake skin yesterday, but she missed under her chin to about 3 inches down her belly. This really did the trick! (Although silly Sprinkle pooped in the water, so I had to change tubs halfway through!! lol) Her face and eyescaps came off fine, and the other 3/4ths of her body came off in 1 big peice including tail tip. I wonder why she had trouble with that small peice.

Old 05-04-2010, 09:43 AM   #59
Nanci
I think that sometimes the skin can tear as it comes off and this makes it more difficult for it to come off in one piece, even if conditions are perfect.

Another lesson I've learned since writing this is to check and triple check for retained spectacles (eye caps). It is a TREMENDOUS lot of trouble to deal with a retained spectacle if you don't catch it immediately. If you can't clearly see both spectacles in the shed, make a very careful examination of the snake's eyes.

Old 06-09-2010, 03:54 PM   #60
enl0001
What do the eye caps look like? my snake had blue eyes for 2 days, now her eyes are clear but she hasn't shed yet. does this mean she has already shed her eye caps?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
shedding problem