CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Bad/Incomplete Shed: What To Do

Old 06-09-2010, 03:56 PM   #61
Bartholomew
Quote:
Originally Posted by enl0001 View Post
What do the eye caps look like? my snake had blue eyes for 2 days, now her eyes are clear but she hasn't shed yet. does this mean she has already shed her eye caps?
Nope. Thats the last part to the shed process. The snake clears up, and so do the eye caps. Nothing comes off sepereatley in the shed (unless the snake had a bad shed...but thats a different topic) When the snake acctually sheds take it out and look at where they snakes eyes are, and you will see the eye caps.

Old 06-10-2010, 10:20 AM   #62
GothPixel
Isis just had her first shed, and she's got a patch that didn't come off. I'll try the tub/washcloth/water treatment when I get home. Thanks for the info.

Old 08-30-2010, 08:52 PM   #63
Tortor
Being a first time snake owner and experiencing a bad shed 1.5 weeks after we got her this was a wonderful forum to join and awesome advice to receive. I tried what was suggested with the wash cloth and water and it worked perfectly!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you soooooo much!!!

Old 09-03-2010, 10:50 PM   #64
moukin
My Aki just shed for the first time for me (her second shed ever I believe). I found both eye caps in the shed but the end looked cut off, like there wasn't a tail tip. I inspected her and there's a little bit of skin on the end of her nose, but none on her tail.

Then I found one more small piece in the tank and it's sort of triangular and the pattern changes down to the point, so I think it might be the tail tip? I don't know what a tail tip looks like when it's shed.

I don't see any pieces of it left on her, except for her nose but maybe the tail tip is hard to find if it is retained.

Please let me know. And thanks so much for all the great posts on this forum. I've learned so much here.

Old 09-03-2010, 11:13 PM   #65
moukin
Ah, not sure what the other piece I found was from, but I finally found the length that included her tail tip, it was still in the tank. Tail tip came off fine, and the soak in the container got the rest off her nose. She looks great now!

Old 09-17-2010, 05:16 PM   #66
amc0405
Hello Nanci, I have a fairly new snake to me, but is pretty much full grown. I got him at at snake show a couple of months ago. He is a pine snake and rather large. I have had many shead problems with my corns and have used your method, the damp pillow case, and such, and they always work well. Big dog shead fairly well on his own but had some skin bunched up just past his vent hole (can't think of proper term). So we soaked him for about 15 minutes and then got him out and the bunched up skin came right off but not the rest from there all the way to his tail tip. I let that area go through a wet wash cloth about 20 times with nothing. I am wondering if he has had problems and the past owners or the ones who sold him to me never did anything about it and an old skin is stuck to him. what do you recomend I do. Won't it kill or cause the snake to lose that area if it is not removed? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Old 09-17-2010, 05:30 PM   #67
Nanci
I'd try soaking him longer, maybe 60 minutes, and then see if you can roll the skin off the tail tip. If not, I'd keep trying, twice a day if you can, with a 60 minute soak. You can also put hand lotion on the tail tip to keep it moist. But you've got to get it off.

Old 09-18-2010, 07:20 AM   #68
amc0405
Thanks you, we will do that.

Old 10-12-2010, 01:20 PM   #69
Teri-Marie
My corn always has bad sheds what could be causing this?

Old 10-12-2010, 01:21 PM   #70
Weebonilass
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teri-Marie View Post
My corn always has bad sheds what could be causing this?
Not enough humidity. They need some hides with moist moss.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
shedding problem