CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Bad/Incomplete Shed: What To Do

Old 10-12-2010, 01:54 PM   #71
Teri-Marie
Even though I live in Washington??

Old 10-12-2010, 01:55 PM   #72
Weebonilass
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teri-Marie View Post
Even though I live in Washington??

If you are getting bad sheds, it means the snakes aren't getting enough moisture.

Old 10-12-2010, 02:02 PM   #73
Teri-Marie
I will give it a try thanks soo much

Old 10-12-2010, 02:15 PM   #74
Teri-Marie
The water bath was a miracle!! Thank you all!

Old 01-21-2011, 07:56 PM   #75
moukin
I haven't been very active around here lately, my apologies.

Aki just shed and it's all in one piece, except it is missing the top of her head and eye caps.

I looked all around the tank for that extra piece and can't seem to find it.

However, I don't see any edges of skin on the top of her head or around her eyes. Her eyes look clear, although there was a tiny dot on one of them...my husband said he thought it was just dust.

I'm going to give her a little soak every day and keep an eye on things for now...anything else I should do if I just can't tell for sure with a visual inpsection?

Old 02-08-2011, 08:51 AM   #76
toxiclight
Thanks so much for this thread Came looking for some advice, since our Enki just doesn't like to shed cleanly...I know our house gets fairly dry in winter. We've been spraying his viv for added moisture, and he had a moist hide as soon as I noticed him in blue (he refused to go in it)

Going to try him with the container and towels today Hoping it will take care of the rest of his shed so I can post fresh pictures of him

Old 04-16-2011, 08:59 AM   #77
desiredbard
have an incomplete shed as well i think

Himself loved the bath

all came off ..par this little bulge (I did not take another pic)

Old 04-24-2011, 10:41 PM   #78
Stormy
This is some great advice. What do you recommend for a snake with a piece of shed skin on top of the head though? Like right between the eyes. We have a pretty pale snake so me and my not so great eyes missed it.

Old 04-25-2011, 05:21 AM   #79
Nanci
I would do the same thing and get his skin loosened up, and then have him crawl through a damp washcloth. Alternately, you could dab the most benign hand lotion you can find on it- like Vaseline Inensive Care or something. After a few times, see if you can rub it off with your finger, gently.

Old 08-24-2011, 10:49 PM   #80
Bisbal069
I see you took your snake outside. Is that a safe thing to do? Can the snake pick up mites and possibly parasites?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
shedding problem