CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

weird behavior-feeding problem

Old 10-06-2003, 09:32 PM   #1
ChaosCat
weird behavior-feeding problem

I've had my adult anery corn for a few months now, and she's _never_ been a very good eater. At first, she'd eat only pinky rats, took one or two small mice, and that was it. Now she won't take anything-live or f/t. Left her in with a live small mouse, and she pooped all over it!

So I tried to assist-feed her a pinky rat last night. She kept puking it back up. Wouldn't make any attempt to swallow it. Ended up having to force-feed her (she hasn't eaten for a month-tried everything), which didn't work out so well either.

She kept the food in her throat ALL NIGHT and I finally had to pull the bloated rat pink out this morning so she wouldn't get sick. She didn't even try to swallow it whatsoever. I also noticed some chunky yellow stuff stuck to the rat, could have been from it bursting.

She's very lethargic, and her throat has not gone back to its shape. I know I didn't hurt her during the force feeding process, as I've had to force feed quite a number of herps before and never had a problem.

I've never seen this in any of my corns. I'm going to call the vet tomorrow, and hopefully they can help. She has no other symptoms, when I brought her in for sexing about 3 months ago, her fecal was A+ and I haven't introduced any other corns to her or made any major changes to her environmental conditions. All my other corns are perfectly healthy.

Any ideas?

Old 10-07-2003, 10:21 PM   #2
13mur 6
chunky yellow stuff sounds like mouth rot. Not sure if ever a decaying rat would give you chunky yellow stuff.

-Lemur 6

Old 10-07-2003, 10:42 PM   #3
ChaosCat
Looks like mouthrot too, but she didn't have it before I tried to force-feed her. Could it start up overnight?

She's also my only sick snake, she's been separated from the others since she got here-I'm a bit irritated at the person I bought her from right now.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google