CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

Chickadee at the bird feeder

Old 07-22-2018, 06:17 PM   #1
Rich Z
Chickadee at the bird feeder

These little birds are pretty quick to flit into and out of the bird feeders, so it was just luck that I got video more than a few seconds long of this one who actually seemed to be watching me through the window. He then grabbed a sunflower seed, and landed on a branch in the little tree behind the feeder and showed what he has to go through to get to the seed inside the husk to make a meal out of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR_e6vfx7zQ

Old 07-22-2018, 07:09 PM   #2
MysticExotics
I love bird watching. My favorite birds in my yard are the humming birds.

I have some Sparrows that visit frequently, and a family of crows as well, which are also favorites of mine. They're quite the characters.

Old 01-05-2022, 06:13 AM   #3
Azkabanus
Nature has not endowed tits with the ability to forage for food anywhere and anyhow, so feeding tits is essential. Other birds - sparrows, pigeons, crows - can somehow survive the winter cold by finding food on the ground, in dumps, garbage dumps, but tits just need our help. Tits can feed on any kind of feeder, but they have to make do with what they can grab from the feeder as soon as it is convenient. For the feeder to be mainly accessible to tits, it must be made in a particular way to be convenient for the bird. On trimthatweed.com, I found a lot of advice about what kind of feeders to make.

Old 01-05-2022, 04:34 PM   #4
Frank Pinello
Love the way it holds the seed down with its foot to work on it.
Last week I was off from work and hung out in the back yard …saw a hummingbird and later at dusk saw a pair of screech owls fly into my oak tree. It motivated me to order a nest box to see if they take to it.
Would have liked to see a pair o tits though.....ha ha!

Old 01-05-2022, 11:38 PM   #5
Rich Z
Sorry, only have video of a single tit. Tufted Titmouse, to be exact.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQW72xC7ccY

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google