CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Virgin Corn Laid Fertile Eggs!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-03-2004, 02:18 AM   #11
Tearak
Thank you all for your replies!

I will hopefully be able to get some photos this weekend. Out of the 8 babies, there were 5 males and 3 females. One of the males was an anerythristic, but turned very light as he got older (he almost looks like a Anerythristic Okeetee).

I am absolutely positive there were no other snakes with this ghost female. She was in a plastic tub from the day she hatched and never ever put with a male - not even for a short while. This all happened the breeding season 2 years ago.

I paired the same female ghost up with one of the male ghosts last breeding season (September 2003) and she laid 14 eggs. All the babies were beautiful, light ghosts. So I have absolutely no idea how all the babies came out looking so different when she fertilised herself!

The wierd thing is now I have discovered another one of my young hypo females is gravid. She has DEFINATELY NEVER been with a male - that I know for sure! Although she is exceptionally large for her age (20 months), I only had plans to breed with her next season. She is het for motley, so it will be interesting to see what babies come out of her. She certainly looks like she's carrying good eggs, but who knows if they will be fertile?

Thanks again for all your comments. I'll put up a picture shortly.