CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Champagne Snow?

Old 11-17-2010, 04:22 AM   #1
MysticExotics
Champagne Snow?

This little one is listed as a Champagne Snow, but doesn't look as pink as some I've seen in searches.
I'd love to hear input from someone who has experience/knowledge on them.

Thanks

Old 11-17-2010, 11:39 AM   #2
crackerhead
Champagne Snows usually refer to a Pasco Paul's line of "striped" snows. They are a high colored line breed morph.
That said, morph names frequently get thrown around without regard to the actually genetics involved. The breeder of your animal may have simply liked the sound of Champagne as a name for their animals. Fancy names are commonly used to enhance the selling appeal of an animal. For example, using "Classic" to refer to a Normal corn snake. It just sounds better and therefore a buyer might assume it is better. Okeetee, IMO, is the most misused morph name of them all.

Terri

Old 11-17-2010, 07:59 PM   #3
MysticExotics
Well, they were told by another breeder who works with Corals & such. They were from an Amel female & they said the male is Okeetee, but looking at his picture, he doesn't look like the ones I've seen.
The babies were Amel, Normal & this one.
Here's pics of the parents.

Old 11-17-2010, 09:25 PM   #4
crackerhead
So it is probably a snow. Dad (and there is that ubiquitous misuse of Okeetee) is het for anery and amel and mom is amel het anery. If it is also Strawberry or Hypo only time and a couple of sheds will tell.
See how Champagne sounds soooo much more exciting than just a snow?

Terri

Old 11-17-2010, 10:46 PM   #5
MysticExotics
I looked at some old posts (another forum) & they do list dad as a Normal. I'm waiting for them to send me baby pics (these guys hatched in July, I think). When I looked at old posts of the clutch, I didn't see any that looked snow. They said this one was the only one. There was an Anery Stripe, & the Normals all had cool patterns.
I'll post more pics later

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google