CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

My Corn Snake?

Old 11-21-2010, 08:38 PM   #1
benwallage9
My Corn Snake?

So i'm pretty sure that my corn is just a normal corn. I bought it at petco about a year ago, i am thinking of breeding it in a couple of years but want to get a mate for it now. In the tank with it at petco there were also albino and anery corns with it. My questions are is it only a normal? Could it have a anery or albino het, since it had those kinds is its tank? Are anery and albino common hets? A guy told me my best bet would be to get like a snow motley corn since it carries anery albino and motley hets should i do that, or does someone have a better suggestion? Name:  23.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  68.9 KB

Name:  DSCI0218.JPG
Views: 91
Size:  33.6 KB

Name:  DSCI0223.JPG
Views: 88
Size:  31.3 KB

Old 11-22-2010, 06:34 AM   #2
Susan
You have a very nice normal and there is a chance it is het for at least one of those genes as they are extremely common. I will, however, link you to a recent thread that I sincerely hope you will read as bitsy's post in that thread says things very well concerning the current breeding of corn snakes. Just click here.

Old 11-22-2010, 10:54 AM   #3
carnivorouszoo
Unless you plan on keeping them all with any sales being a "nice surprise" I would not breed at the moment. Finances are too risky for most folks in the present ecconomic atmosphere. (wow, I sound like a nerd lol)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google