CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Needing opinions.

Old 11-21-2010, 09:26 PM   #1
Hoppslover
Needing opinions.

So if you look down at "what would you say" I posted a pic that looks to be motley and was told it was a caramel. So my ? Is if I bred that to my sunglow motley male what might I get? And would it be worth breeding these two? Wouldn't be for a season or two before I would do this. Thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Old 11-21-2010, 09:52 PM   #2
Shiari
Caramel motley bred to amel motley would give you all normal motleys het caramel and amel. If you breed the offspring together, you'd get a 1 in 16 chance of making butter motleys.

Old 11-22-2010, 06:45 AM   #3
Susan
The photo of the caramel motley is extremely off color with way too much yellow. Without seeing additional photos that represent the snake's true colors, I personally would hold off calling it a caramel. I will also link you to a thread where bitsy summed up the current situation on breeding corn snakes. This is the second time I've linked this this morning. Just click here.

Old 11-22-2010, 07:19 AM   #4
Hoppslover
Not really interested in the money. It's more of a fun hobby and stress reliever. I'm just not very good at my punnett squares.

Old 11-22-2010, 10:59 AM   #5
carnivorouszoo
Ah, since you plan on keeping the hatchlings for an indeffinite amount of time, I'd give it a try. To me the yellow snake looks butter motley but then it has an odd tint to it which could have been flash which washes everything out. If you can get a clearer photo of the yellow snake that would help. Because if its a butter you would get amel mots het caramel, but if its just a washed out pic of a caramel mot you will get classic mots het butter.

Old 11-22-2010, 02:21 PM   #6
bitsy
Quote:
Not really interested in the money. It's more of a fun hobby and stress reliever.
So when you're buying and finding space for 15 three foot tanks 18 months after they hatch, you're not going to be stressed? You're a better man than I. My four "leftovers" cause me sleepless nights. Quite where I'll find space for their adult-sized accommodation, I'm not yet sure!

Old 11-22-2010, 02:32 PM   #7
Hoppslover
I already have two racks. One that will hold 9 large tubs and another that will hold 18 large tubs to go with my 6 screen top aquariums. I can understand warning about all of the hatchling and what to do with them. I have been raising leopard geckos, and have had to deal with finding homes for those hatchlings.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google