CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Difference between Okeetee and Extreme Okeetee?

Old 01-06-2013, 12:00 PM   #21
chris68
Abbotts Okeetee's are linebred Okeetee's by Lee Abbott

http://www.leesokeetees.com/

Similar to "extreme" Okes, they are basically an Okeetee turned up a notch; brighter, wider borders, etc. You only have the person you buy them from's word that they are what they are, and LOTS of normal corns get the moniker of "Okeetee" to add to their sales potential.

This is a linebred Okeetee. Her Grandparents were w/c corns from within/around the Okeetee Hunt Club :*)

Old 01-06-2013, 01:17 PM   #22
crotalis40741
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris68 View Post
Abbotts Okeetee's are linebred Okeetee's by Lee Abbott

http://www.leesokeetees.com/

Similar to "extreme" Okes, they are basically an Okeetee turned up a notch; brighter, wider borders, etc. You only have the person you buy them from's word that they are what they are, and LOTS of normal corns get the moniker of "Okeetee" to add to their sales potential.

This is a linebred Okeetee. Her Grandparents were w/c corns from within/around the Okeetee Hunt Club :*)

If I can drum up enough want for them this year I may be producing more of these. Chris was gratious enough to allow the parents of this snake to come live with me.

Old 01-06-2013, 01:48 PM   #23
Tavia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geminiluna View Post
I've seen some sites listing Abbott's Okeetee as "a.k.a. Extreme Okeetee". Is this true? Is an Abbott's Okeetee necessarily an "extreme"? But then is it also true that not all "extremes" are necessarily "Abbott's?"

If a breeder tells you they have Abbott's Okeetees, how do you know they really are?
I would say that Abbotts are an "Extreme" since they have been line bred by Lee Abbott for 30 plus years but an 'Extreme" is not always an Abbotts. There are also Love line Okeetee's that look a bit different than the Abbott's but could also be called 'Extreme." Extreme is just basically one that takes the ideal apperance of an Okeetee to the extreme, usually thru line breeding, the term Extreme might be used because the bloodline behind the animal is unknown or because the person breeding it either doesn't have a well enough known name to call their line after themselves or chooses not to. I believe Don Suderberg might have been the one to coin Extreme or at least I know a few years back he changed the name of his line bred Okeetee's to that, they had been called Abbott's, since he got most of his original animals from Abbott but he changed it to Extreme because he felt that he had worked on them enough that they weren't really Abbott's anymore. His rationale for changing what they were called was posted on his website but I'm not sure it's still there.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google