CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

Heads Up: Salmonella outbreak tied to PetSmart mice

Old 05-25-2014, 01:18 AM   #31
Senusenu
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerpsOfNM View Post
To the best of my knowledge, Reptile Industry's Artic Mice are PetSmart supply. Petco gets Mice on Ice, which is Gourmet Rodent.
Hmm, looks you are right. I swear I've seen "Arctic Mice" elsewhere but maybe the packages just looked similar from a distance. I don't look at Petco frozen feeders the rare times I go there. Thanks for the correction.

I still prefer getting my frozen stuff from the local shop for cost reasons.

Old 05-25-2014, 01:21 AM   #32
Tavia
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerpsOfNM View Post
To the best of my knowledge, Reptile Industry's Artic Mice are PetSmart supply. Petco gets Mice on Ice, which is Gourmet Rodent.
Might be a regional thing, the local Petco here stocks Arctic Mice and I believe the mom n pop store gets Mice on Ice, or at least that sounds similar to what they have. I've only bought from the mom n pop store once. But I bought mice from Petco for about a year and am sure on what brand our local store has. Our town is small enough that we don't have a Petsmart and only got a Petco in the last five or six years.

Old 05-25-2014, 01:26 AM   #33
Senusenu
Good to know I wasn't going crazy!

Old 05-25-2014, 10:51 AM   #34
Alli_Draggy
The Arctic mice are the one kind of feeder my corn has ever refused when not in blue. She actually had one in her mouth, dropped it, and fled once-I assume it tasted really, really bad to her. With one snake, shipping just wasn't worth it, but I discovered I could buy mice at expos, and, later, connected with a university lab that orders several times a year that I could piggy back on for the snakes-especially helpful once we got a BP, because the mark-up on rats is insane.

I know one person locally who has a Burmese python, and he says that buying organic, grain-fed, farm raised chickens locally is cheaper than getting frozen rabbits for his snake-and the burm likes them better (apparently his snake also refuses supermarket chicken).

Old 05-25-2014, 12:21 PM   #35
ashleynicole
I use mice direct and we've been very happy with them, and outstanding customer service. The dry ice is really fun to play with too..

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Old 05-29-2014, 10:38 AM   #36
Nadine88
I just ordered from Big Cheese. They're running a special right now - a flat $25 shipping fee, which makes it worthwhile for me to buy feeders for one snake.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google