CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

First LIVE meal....

Old 06-30-2009, 09:39 AM   #21
danielle
Like chicken broth or tuna juice literally marinate them, blow dry it so it is ry and warm and leave overnight. When I was young my parents went in with some friends and on a mall scale bred snakes. Back in the 80's everyone fed live, but after a few accidents an injured snakes my parent switched everyone over. Many snakes refused many a feeding, but none starved to death it just took a lot of patience

Old 06-30-2009, 11:54 AM   #22
Nanci
Or like raw chicken juice, or KFC greasy fat. People have had good luck with both of those things in the last year. AND Fred even had luck switching a baby who would only eat birds to mice scented with bird droppings.

Old 06-30-2009, 01:37 PM   #23
DaGiant
I used to pop the fuzzies neck by squeezing it, then freeze it
to later thaw and serve..

Old 06-30-2009, 02:35 PM   #24
Carinata
One time my friend had a mouse bite the inside of a Ball Pythons mouth and we had to stick the tongsin the snkaes mouth and remove the mouse.

Old 07-02-2009, 10:58 AM   #25
Buzzard
Thump it. If you can thump real hard. Hold it by the tail and Thump it in the head. This will knock it out. It often twitches a little afterwards and stubborn snakes (that only seem to want live) sometimes are stimulated by that twitching. By knocking out the mouse you stop the possibility of the mouse hurting the snake. I have to do this with 2 of mine. The rest eat fresh killed by putting a pencil behind the neck and pulling hard on the tail.

My any means Thumping a mouse is not Humane and I incourage you to keep trying to get the snake to eat F/T. But if worse comes to worse I find this method is better for the snake than to starve it. Good luck

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google