CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

Anyone use Layne Labs?

Old 06-07-2010, 08:21 PM   #11
Nanci
Interesting. I just read about them in Reptiles. Never heard of them before. I wonder if stress-free mice are like free-range hens.

Old 06-08-2010, 05:53 AM   #12
RosieReal
I bet they've got little mousey spa's...How does one get a job giving relaxing massages to mice? I bet thats something you go to vet school for...

Old 06-08-2010, 11:28 PM   #13
carnivorouszoo
Sales pitch. Come on you think a place would say "bulk raised in large bins pulled as ordered"? I never trust what I see on a website. I go by referals. No one has heard of these folks so . . . I will let you guys be the proverbial guinea pigs and see how you all like them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson.Dawn View Post
"Layne Labs breeds outstanding quality mice and rats specifically for zoos, wildlife rehabilitators and reptile hobbyists. Our animals are raised in a stress-free living environment, with a constant flow of fresh air, clean drinking water, nutritious food and clean, dry bedding."

"The Layne Laboratories Animal Bill of Rights hangs on every door in our facility. We take our job as caregivers seriously, because we believe that every living being plays an important part in the circle of life, and deserves to be treated with compassion and respect."

"All Animals Born In Our Facility Have Certain Inalienable Rights. These Include:

* A Stress Free Living Environment
* A Constant Flow of Fresh Air
* Clean Drinking Water
* Fresh Food, Available at All Times
* Clean, Dry Bedding
* Peace and Quiet
* Natural Day and Night Light Cycles
* To Be Treated Humanely, With Compassion and Respect"

That's what the website says. And there shipping is amazingly cheaper then all the other places I've priced out. More for the mice Less all around. I'm So putting in an order and seeing how my no-legged kids like them

Old 06-09-2010, 10:15 AM   #14
PrettyBoyCorn
How're you going to know unless you find out?

I'm with Crimson Dawn. The American Way is to give someone a second chance. But some of us don't ever give a first chance. And how you going to find out -- about anything -- unless you take a shot once in a while ? I bought my first pinkie mice from Layne Laboratories because I liked their website. Then I liked what the person I talked to on the phone told me. Then I was grateful because my little guy, who hadn't eaten for a couple of weeks after I got him, scarfed down his first pinkie from Layne Labs. What do I know, though, I'm a total Newbie, and for me, as that old quote goes, "In the Kingdom of the Blind, the one-eyed man is king." I'm thankful for all the voices of experience out there willing to give their advice about our common addiction.

Old 09-07-2010, 10:29 PM   #15
nlt71
I just got an order from Layne labs and was very happy. The snakes didn't complain either. They slurped them right up. Yum

Old 09-08-2010, 01:09 AM   #16
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivorouszoo View Post
Sales pitch. Come on you think a place would say "bulk raised in large bins pulled as ordered"? I never trust what I see on a website. I go by referals. No one has heard of these folks so . . . I will let you guys be the proverbial guinea pigs and see how you all like them.
Rodent Pro pulls the orders after their placed. It says on their website that they keep very little frozen, in stock, which is why it can take a week to a week and a half before they process the orders.

Maybe no one has heard of them because they haven't targeted consumers like us.

I'm all for giving them a chance.

Old 09-08-2010, 10:38 AM   #17
PrettyBoyCorn
Interesting about timing--just logged on to, among other things, order my first batch of fuzzies for my two corns now that they've just about gone through the first batch of pinkies I ordered for them from Layne Labs a couple of months ago. I don't know, maybe Carnivorouszoo was right when he wrote "sales pitch" about what CrimsonDawn posted from Layne Labs about its products. I just know you gotta trust someone. ("Who you gonna trust? Ghostbusters?") My corns have eaten all but four of the 50 pinkies I bought and they're healthy and growing (my corns, not the pinkies), remaining sweet, serene and tranquil. So maybe someone at Layne Labs reads to the ill-fated mice from Eckhart Tolle's teachings on just before they're frozen. Bye for now, I need to place my order for fuzzies and see no reason not to do it with Layne Labs.

Old 09-08-2010, 12:49 PM   #18
DaGiant
I talked to them at Super Show San Diego, liked what I saw and heard.
I ordered from them for a fraction of the shipping cost from other
suppliers, the mice were in great shape and were still frozen solid.
I wont hesitate to order from them anytime.

Old 09-08-2010, 01:07 PM   #19
ceduke
Wow! With their shipping prices...I think I've just found a new mouse supplier!!

Old 09-08-2010, 01:21 PM   #20
medusacoils
I just did a price comparison.

I Picked

100 day old pinks
100 Hoppers
100 Sm Mice

LayneLabs = $154.14
Rodentpro= $134.88

Wayne

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google