CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Morph identification

Old 11-13-2010, 08:01 AM   #1
Landis01
Morph identification

Hey guys! So I bought my first ever corn snake a few months ago and I absolutely adore her, she has to be the nicest reptile I have ever seen!

Anyways, I am slightly curious about her colour morph. She was sold as a sunglow stripe, but she looks too yellow to be a sunglow, so I thought maybe she's a butter, but her markings are more orange then I've seen on a butter.... well, from pictures on the internet at any rate. :P

She also has a pure white belly, no markings!

So here are some pics! She just shed yesterday, and I apologize in advance for any shoddy quality... cellphone camera...

Old 11-13-2010, 09:23 AM   #2
fyrefocks
Looks like an amel stripe/cube to me.

Old 11-13-2010, 10:30 AM   #3
ghosthousecorns
I concur, a nice amel cube. Not a butter but maybe het caramel with all that yellow.

Old 11-13-2010, 10:44 AM   #4
Bartholomew
I agree. Looks like an amel cube. A very nice one too.

Old 11-13-2010, 02:22 PM   #5
PikaBun
A creamcicle stripe (check some photos out as they are usually soft orange and yellow) or very yellow amel stripe would be my guess.

Old 11-13-2010, 05:53 PM   #6
Pooleh
Yeah it looks a lot like my creamcicle stripe especialy in the first 5 pictures.

Old 11-13-2010, 08:52 PM   #7
pridecity
I'm glad I'm not the only one that said creamcicle. Could you get some more pictures of the head from the side, top, and front?

Old 11-13-2010, 09:15 PM   #8
Landis01
I didn't even think to look up creamcicles!

Here are the pictures I saved from her original ad (the lady I bought her from has a much nicer camera then me), taken somewhere within the first week of september I think. She's still a youngin' though, I'm not exactlly sure of her age, but she is currently somewhere around 6 months. Named her Arsenic due to her colors looking like those toxic/bio hazard signs, and it's also one of my favorite elements on the periodic table~

Old 11-13-2010, 10:57 PM   #9
pridecity
I'm glad you have more pictures of the head. I personally haven't learned how to tell the difference between a "pure" corn head and a creamsicle head, but I'm sure the more experienced guys can tell if it is a cream or not. In my non-expert opinion, I think you may have an amel, even though I thought cream at first. I don't think the head looks short enough.

Experts, what do you think?

Old 11-13-2010, 11:44 PM   #10
vetusvates
IMHO, I'm thinking amel striped, of the cubed persuasion, maybe het for caramel.

But, when I hear hoofbeats, I usually think horses before zebras.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google