CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Frosted

Old 11-14-2010, 01:55 AM   #1
kenywi
Frosted

I've heard of frosted and wanted to make sure I understood. I have a few hypo's that I would say are frosted. Please correct me if I'm mistake. Here is a pic of my best one. Now its the white "ticking" in the saddle that makes if frosted correct?

Thank you Marsha for this beautiful boy.

Old 11-14-2010, 02:03 AM   #2
kenywi
Well I can't get the photo uploaded says its to big and I don't know how to resize it. Tried croping it but that didn't work. <sigh>

Old 11-14-2010, 02:12 AM   #3
kenywi
Ok well I got it downloaded to my picture file not sure why there and not directly on the thread

Old 11-14-2010, 02:27 AM   #4
Christen
I would consider your Hypo to be frosted. It looks like your snow is too. BTW I LOVE ZOOT!!!

Old 11-14-2010, 02:42 AM   #5
kenywi
Thanks I think I have a few frosteds in my group. I love the look. Zoot is a favorite of mine as well. He will be breeding next year and I have some beautiful girls lined up for him. Been working with Marsha and another friend of mine in Ca on some mutual projects then I have a few of my own that I can't wait to see how it goes.

Old 11-14-2010, 02:46 AM   #6
Christen
HMMM I look forward to seeing those babies. I love how they look but haven't invested the money into one yet.

Old 11-14-2010, 08:35 AM   #7
Susan
I am personally very careful calling anything frosted. Yes, it is a selectively bred look in corn snakes, but it is usually a more extreme "whitening" of the saddle color. Your hypo shows a more common look found in many corns. Also, many frosted corns are actually hybrids with a gray rat snake.

Old 11-14-2010, 10:22 AM   #8
Christen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan View Post
I am personally very careful calling anything frosted. Yes, it is a selectively bred look in corn snakes, but it is usually a more extreme "whitening" of the saddle color. Your hypo shows a more common look found in many corns. Also, many frosted corns are actually hybrids with a gray rat snake.
Oh WOW, I did not know that. That explains a lot for me. Thank you so much for sharing that.

Old 11-14-2010, 10:59 AM   #9
Crazy Colubrids
Ya when I hear "frosted corns" I always assume they are gray rat hybrids, but thats just me.

Old 11-14-2010, 01:29 PM   #10
sinisterserpents1
Yep, I have a breeding pair of frosted hybrids and some of their babies. It has to be extreme frosting on a pure corn before it should be called 'frosted'

Here is a couple pics of my hybrid frosted babies from back in 09. I also have a frosted amel corn (100% corn) but those pics are on my lap top which my hubby broke! lol

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google