CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

ultra,Ultramel....charcoal

Old 11-18-2010, 08:55 PM   #1
rich333
ultra,Ultramel....charcoal

ok....if i breed an ultramel charcoal x amel stripe....I should get a 50/50 split of ultramel het charcoal,stripe and amel het charcoal stripe. now, if i breed the ultramel het charcoal,stripe to the same (Ultramel het charcoal,stripe). i have a 1/64 shot at an ULTRA CHARCOAL STRIPE. Anyone got ANY idea what this might look like??

Also,
if i breed my phantom het amel to my Ultramel charcoal i should get 1/4 ultramel charcoal het hypo. if i breed 2 of these together (ultramel charcoal het hypo X Ultramel charcoal het hypo) i should see:

18% Ultra charcoal
6.25% Phantom ultra
12.5% Phantom Ultramel

Any thoughts on these outcomes?? all responses welcome.

Old 11-18-2010, 09:18 PM   #2
Crazy Colubrids
The only problem with breeding Ultramels to Ultramels is that its hard to tell the difference between Ultras and Ultramels. It would be cool to try it anyway. A Ultra/Utramel Charcoal stripe would be killer.

Old 11-19-2010, 05:48 AM   #3
rich333
thanks for the reply...

I realize the difficulty in telling ultra/ ultramel apart. and it may prove to much to deal with....but the goal (Ultra charcoal stripe) seems worth the trouble....I'm one of those guys who do this for themselves not for the dream of becoming rich.....i look on websites and books...and say "ok...this doesnt exist yet....lets do that. so...hopefully...someday...i'll produce that Ultra charcoal stripe..... or maybe a pewter motley?? i dont recall seeing those.
Perhaps my next purchase should be a dilute, dilute charcoal stripe anyone?

Old 11-19-2010, 10:41 AM   #4
zorro
I just love the charcoal gene, how about a dilute pewter stripe? Here is my dilute pewter and mix it with a charcoal stripe. BTW I think you would have to grow up ultra/ ultramel to breed to be 100% certain which it is.
John

Old 11-19-2010, 10:48 PM   #5
rich333
nice! love the pewters....i'd prefer a bit darker one...but hey...beggars cant be choosers

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google