CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

possible new morph? You decide

Old 10-26-2012, 08:19 AM   #21
diamondlil
You're not really supposed to advertise unless you are a contributer on here

Old 10-26-2012, 08:21 AM   #22
aries
Cool

Sorry i was meaning to be a contributor. Sorry its a habit.

Old 10-26-2012, 12:23 PM   #23
starsevol
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries View Post
Christen the parents are my Bloodred het pied male and my amel het charcal het lavender female. Took alot of time to get the right mix of genes.
Hi, pretty baby!
I am sorry to ask this, but I am really interested...the right mix of genes for what exactly??
What you SHOULD have ended up with was normals het for bloodred, pied and charcoal and possibly het for lavender. Was that what you were trying for?

You did get some nice motley stuff, and I am not at all sure what that second baby is but it has to be the result of something either parent or both parents carried that you didn't know about.

Old 10-26-2012, 12:32 PM   #24
BloodyBaroness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floof View Post
Has it gone through its first shed? To me, it just looks like a freshly hatched motley (possibly some kind of hypo). They don't come out of the egg with their colors fully developed. But maybe I'm just missing something.

They're a couple nice looking babies. It'll be interesting to see what the one looks like after a few sheds.
This is what I am seeing as well.

Until they have shed once or twice, you are not going to see the full colors of a hatchling.

Old 10-27-2012, 12:27 AM   #25
aries
Wow i was going to become a cintributor tomorrow, but after that infraction stuff i think im just going to leave. I thought this was a good community i guess i was wrong. Sad thing is i replied with an apology as i realized what i had done and yet i still was " punished" for my post. Sorry again but this is no community i want to be a part of. Shame on you guys, you'd think i would only need to apologize once and here i do it again. Sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry hope that makes the individual that runs this forum complety happy now!?

Old 10-27-2012, 01:11 AM   #26
Christen
I apologize that you got an infraction. Unfortunately the rules are rules and there are some that come with the intent to try and sell and get around the rules and that isn't fair to those that do become contributors. The same applies the other way. If you apologize and get off then that isn't fair to those that apologize and continue breaking the rules. One infraction is just a warning nothing to worry about. If it continues then you will get more and that is when other action will take place. Since I do think that this was/is an isolated incident for you, you don't have anything to worry about. You have learned from the mistake. Plus we don't have any control over your infractions. That comes from the mods. We didn't even know that you got an infraction till you said something. This is not public knowledge.

I hope you do not leave. I think that this would be a great place for another corn enthusiast and I know many would like updates on the surprise babies that you are getting from your clutch.

Old 10-27-2012, 01:18 AM   #27
aries
Like i said i meant no disrespect and never meant to post a sale without being a contributor. I will give this forum 1 last chance to show its a community of good intention people, like yourself. However i am hesitant and as such will wait til later to become a contributor. But i will not post furthur replies requesting business until then.

Old 10-27-2012, 01:21 AM   #28
Christen
We know that you didn't and it is ok. We all make mistakes from time to time. Not a big deal at all. And you will find that it is a good community of people on this forum. I am glad to hear that you are going to stick around for a little longer.

Now back to the babies!! What all did you get? Are they all out?

Old 10-27-2012, 01:37 AM   #29
aries
Yes all babies hatched. Just waiting for them to shed and feed. We got a few standard line corns which i expected when mixing the genes. The 2 pictured in this thread are what i have worked toward for 3 years. The lighter if the 2 is a combonation of snow/anery/lavender/ and cubed motley, giving it a silvery blue color with a perfect white belly. The darker of the 2 is from the same clutch but picked up what i can onlu describe as a mutated gene that cause it to be half oketee half anery with the cubed motley pattern, with a marbleish looking red belly. Even in the pic you can see a clear line where the color goes from a tone of browns to a tone of silverish blue with red highlights. I am going to be sending a scale of this one to a genetisist friend to be gene sequenced for furthur study. My belief is that i can produce these two corn morphs again during breeding season in april with the two same parents. I have pre-named this new morph half n half's provided that the colors remain after shed and the gene sequences determine what combo i have.

Old 10-27-2012, 01:40 AM   #30
RobbiesCornField
I'm sorry, but I find it incredibly hard to sympathize with you on this. I've gotten infractions for things I apologized for. I broke the rules, so an infraction was deserved. Given the warnings that have been posted by the site admin for matters such as this, it could have been worse. This is an absolutely fantastic site, and we would love to have you stick around. Just give us another shot, and the rules another browse.
NOTICE: Posting For Sale ads on this site. (link)
SITE RULES...Expanded (link)

EDIT: I see that Christen has already made sure that you know that you're welcome to stick around, and addressed the issue. I apologize, I had started typing a reply when something at work needed my attention, and I hit submit before checking.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google