CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

If you were to invest...

Old 10-26-2012, 10:15 PM   #11
Chip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Beatty View Post
Personally I would go with the scaleless morphs. Aneries are insane looking. Also Don has the market cornered on palmettos and no one will ever catch up to him.
I take it you must not have seen the U-Haul trailer full of scaleless he left Daytona with, then? They say between him and a friend, there aren't many left in France anymore.

Old 10-26-2012, 10:31 PM   #12
Ryan Beatty
Didn't make Daytona this year. It was such a disappointed last year it wasn't worth the 11 hour drive for me. Also I get tired of looking at the sea of ball pythons.

I still think scaleless corns are the better investment for the money.

Old 10-26-2012, 11:14 PM   #13
5 Star Serpents
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip View Post
I take it you must not have seen the U-Haul trailer full of scaleless he left Daytona with, then? They say between him and a friend, there aren't many left in France anymore.
Does this mean that they too will become a "females only for sale" thing like the palmetto's, I'm not saying that's a horrible thing at all I'm just curious if this is going to happen with the scaleless as well.

Old 10-26-2012, 11:15 PM   #14
Chip
Lol, no. He doesn't have the ONLY scaleless! As a buyer, I appreciate the way Palmettos are being sold.

Old 10-27-2012, 02:01 AM   #15
5 Star Serpents
Haha, I feel special right now and this is what happens when I respond to things when I'm too tired and type before I think! Clearly the market on them cannot be controlled by any one person if more than one person has them...Anyways, now that I've had my moment of brilliance today, lets move on LOL!

I have to add that I have no issues with the way the Palmetto is being marketed either.

I am curious however if there is a way to find out how many of the female were sold in 2012 as well as how many spots for registration for the 2013's are left, other than directly contacting Don. I'd also like to see more people coming out with photo's of their girls to see the variance of them.

Old 10-27-2012, 03:12 AM   #16
ceduke
If I were investing in snakes, I'd get into hognoses.

Old 10-27-2012, 07:23 AM   #17
yojoe05
Due to the bad economy there's not many corns I'd currently pay top dollar on. I like the scaleless and palmettos but I have never seen one that screamed I'd pay the asking price. The other day I saw a really odd terrazzo on the corn snake classifieds from faunaads asking around 600 or 800 and if I had the money I would of snatched him up immediately. Instead of the solid straight lines they were wavey and had small uniform dots between them slightly similair to an aztec. It was just downright stunning and the pattern took my breath away. Seeing it's picture I felt like I was actually looking at one of those 'one in a million' snakes. I just couldn't believe how amazing its patterns were.

Old 10-27-2012, 07:29 AM   #18
yojoe05
*edit* here is a picture of the snake. Looking over his designs again it's actually more like a cubed terrazzo I think. Whatever the case its top patterning is just to die for I think.

Old 10-27-2012, 10:00 AM   #19
Nanci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Beatty View Post
Didn't make Daytona this year. It was such a disappointed last year it wasn't worth the 11 hour drive for me. Also I get tired of looking at the sea of ball pythons.

I still think scaleless corns are the better investment for the money.
Hey- it's still a good time, with good friends!! I get to see snake people I only see once a year. AND got to hold the most amazing scaleless corns, AND see a palmetto!!

Old 10-27-2012, 10:03 AM   #20
Nanci
Quote:
Originally Posted by yojoe05 View Post
*edit* here is a picture of the snake. Looking over his designs again it's actually more like a cubed terrazzo I think. Whatever the case its top patterning is just to die for I think.

I'd be very surprised if that is a Terrazzo. Looks like a sunkissed something! Maybe SK Terrazzo?? Hmmm.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google