CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

are all creamsicles hybrids?

Old 11-27-2012, 10:12 PM   #11
Weda737
Look anything like this? Because I'm at a loss as to what she is and what you're describing sounds like her. I'm thinking creamsicle because she has no real red and she just seems a bit stockier than my male snow.

Old 11-28-2012, 12:39 AM   #12
boricua00735
kind of but she was smaller like 16 inches and was was white at the base with orange saddles like that and a little yellow around her neck but the orange is like the color of an orange the fruit.

Old 11-28-2012, 12:50 AM   #13
Weda737
Quote:
Originally Posted by boricua00735 View Post
kind of but she was smaller like 16 inches and was was white at the base with orange saddles like that and a little yellow around her neck but the orange is like the color of an orange the fruit.
That sounds like what she looked like as a baby almost, she wasn't really white though, I can't really remember. I wish I had baby pics of her.

Old 11-28-2012, 10:12 AM   #14
NiklasTyreso
Yes, creamsicles are a morph with hybrid origin. Is that important?

All pure cornsnake morphs have been bred for generations for traits that make them less fit for being released into wild populations and are more adapted to captivity.

So, both pure morph cornsnakes and hybrid cornsnakes would pollute the genetics of wild populations if they were released.

Pure morph and hybrid morph cornsnakes are in the same category of being domesticated snakes, rather being members of a species or hybrids between species.

You do not care about the species of dogs or cats, that have been domesticated hybrids for thousands of years.
Why care about the species that the domesticated cornsnakes originated from? Is that important?

Old 11-28-2012, 10:23 AM   #15
NiklasTyreso
Weda what a nice snake you have!

Old 11-28-2012, 09:48 PM   #16
chris68

Possibly, technically a "frosted" cream.

Old 11-28-2012, 11:26 PM   #17
Shiari
Quote:
They do treat their animals good and are pretty knowledgable when it comes to housing but not so much with exact morphs/breeding etc.
I... have to disagree with you on this.

At the San Jose reptile expo, they had for a sale a female that was gravid to the point that she laid her clutch of eggs *at* the show. In the same stack of large deli containers, they had a severely emaciated anery-ish thing. The pewter I got from them is the regurge king, and I so don't trust him at this point that he is never going in with my main collection.

Their staff also gets really really cranky when you point out they have their morphs wrong. They had a caramel stripe listed as a butter stripe. I complimented them on the caramel stripe and they got huffy "It's a butter!". I point blank told them "A butter has amel in it. This snake clearly does NOT have amel and is incorrectly labelled." They did nothing to correct it.

Old 11-28-2012, 11:50 PM   #18
boricua00735
which one do u go to i went to the one in oceanside and was thoroughly disappointed but the one in esecondido isnt bad so far? however when i asked them more questions about there snakes they told me they get their snakes from customers as trade ins so there is no possible way to tell who their parents are because they dont keep any records.

Old 11-29-2012, 01:19 AM   #19
DaGiant
Just because it's orange and yellow doesn't mean its a cream.
I have had several Orange and yellow Amel corns too.
I have been told at shows that I was mis-labeling and advised
them that they were correct Amel Corns!

Old 11-29-2012, 02:10 AM   #20
Shiari
Quote:
which one do u go to i went to the one in oceanside and was thoroughly disappointed but the one in esecondido isnt bad so far?
I only encounter them at the reptile expos. As I said, it was in San Jose which is far far north of you.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google