CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Morph help please :)

Old 01-02-2013, 12:16 AM   #11
BlackBear123
I love those eyes!

Old 01-02-2013, 10:46 AM   #12
pip12
Me too Blavckbear123, it‘s his sweet face that made me drawn to him! :-)

Old 01-02-2013, 12:35 PM   #13
DMong
Yeah, the previous guy figuring the snake was a "butter/aztec" proves he doesn't know the first thing about corns right off the bat...LOL! There's really know way of knowing what it actually is though, because it could be an odd-looking ghost, or be an anery corn x Gray Rat product of whatever percentage. The sparce belly checkering, lack of head pattern, broken/voided saddling and spotting on the sides, and even the large size could easily be from Gray ratsnake influence. Those crosses (known as "frosted" corns) can look very similar.

Also, female ghosts tend to be a bit darker as a general rule than males, and I noticed that the tail in the one pic seems sort of short and tapered for a male. Might be "Princess" instead of "Prince", tough to say though from that one photo.

~Doug

Old 01-02-2013, 01:31 PM   #14
snakepunk
Looks like a silverqueen ghost to me. The split belly checkers gave it away.

Old 01-02-2013, 03:01 PM   #15
Isoldael
Split belly checkers also happen a lot in hybrids though

Old 01-02-2013, 11:26 PM   #16
Weda737
I'll be the first to tell you I don't know a thing about morphs, but it really does look to have some gray rat somewhere. I'm jealous, I really like that snake lol

Old 01-02-2013, 11:44 PM   #17
pip12
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMong View Post
Yeah, the previous guy figuring the snake was a "butter/aztec" proves he doesn't know the first thing about corns right off the bat...LOL! There's really know way of knowing what it actually is though, because it could be an odd-looking ghost, or be an anery corn x Gray Rat product of whatever percentage. The sparce belly checkering, lack of head pattern, broken/voided saddling and spotting on the sides, and even the large size could easily be from Gray ratsnake influence. Those crosses (known as "frosted" corns) can look very similar.

Also, female ghosts tend to be a bit darker as a general rule than males, and I noticed that the tail in the one pic seems sort of short and tapered for a male. Might be "Princess" instead of "Prince", tough to say though from that one photo.

~Doug
Great insight, thanks so much! Considering he breeds snakes (mostly boas) I would like to assume that he sexes his snakes. But at this point I‘d probably take your guess over his Lol, maybe I can get a better pic of his tail.
You guys are bringing up the results I came to when researching. I though he could possibly be a silver queen..but I read how uncommon it would be. He really may be mixed or “hybrid“. Who knows! I don‘t care really but I think he‘s interesting looking :-)

Old 01-02-2013, 11:46 PM   #18
pip12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weda737 View Post
I'll be the first to tell you I don't know a thing about morphs, but it really does look to have some gray rat somewhere. I'm jealous, I really like that snake lol
You made my head swell with this comment hehe! Great compliment to get for a complete snake newbie

Old 01-02-2013, 11:54 PM   #19
Justine66
I just seen this thread now, and DOES look a lot to me like a grey oaks rat snake, they had a young one at the reptile shop I got my snake at and he looked just like that! but smaller, they are partly tree dwelling.. but are very similar to corns care wise!

I love the eyes.. that's why I was admiring the one the shop today!

Old 01-03-2013, 12:04 AM   #20
pip12
your right Justine, he does kind of look like one..I found this post http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73966 this snake looks a lot like him, just the head and neck part are a bit off and head shape.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google