CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

How pure must a corn be to be truely pure?

Old 05-09-2013, 05:10 PM   #11
Guruofchem
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelshark View Post
I am of the opinion that all snakes are pure corn snakes except, of course, for the green mamba. I have done extensive postulating and arrived at this conclusion: the very first snake was in fact a corn snake, all other snakes (excepting the green mamba which was placed here by an alien race) are descendants of the corn snake, this, therefore, makes them all 100% pure corn snakes.
Bless you for providing a deep belly laugh at the end of a very long day...

Old 05-09-2013, 05:58 PM   #12
gelshark
Golly Gee I just discovered these other green snakes. Turns out they are hybrids with corn snakes. It's as if the little green men wanted to taint our corn snakes so they made them compatible. But... it is really easy to tell pure green mambas from hybrid green mamba/corn snakes from corn snakes.

any snake that is not green is a PURE corn snake
any snake that is green AND venomous is a pure alien green mamba snake
any snake that is green AND NOT venomous is a hybrid between the two

Old 05-09-2013, 06:04 PM   #13
yojoe05
any snake that is green AND NOT venomous is a hybrid between the two[/quote]

Finally an answer so simple anybody can understand....

Old 05-09-2013, 06:08 PM   #14
yojoe05
umm corn's can't be blue as well...what are those?

Old 05-09-2013, 06:17 PM   #15
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by antsterr View Post
hmm, I see.
I was hoping to change the course of the conversation away somewhat from the topics already covered, mostly the ethics of cross breeding and the legitimacy of hybrids being the origin of certain morph claims. Perhaps I've missed a major part of other threads, I haven't seen much on the idea of ever classifying a trait as, like I said, borrowed.

Of course, I'm not a scientist so maybe I have no business suggesting that terms be changed, I'm curious if other terms do exists though to describe traits adopted form other species.

Did you know that according to a recent genetic study, unless you are of African decent you likely have about 11% neanderthal genetics? Possibly white skin is not of human origin :0
I'm really not sure which is worse: (1) We are all mutant hairless descendants of monkeys, or (2) we are all the inbred descendants of Adam and Eve, or (3) we were purposely genetically modified (and PURPOSELY limited) creatures made by aliens (who got tired of us and left) to be their slaves.

Old 05-09-2013, 06:18 PM   #16
gelshark
Quote:
Originally Posted by yojoe05 View Post
umm corn's can't be blue as well...what are those?
My corns go blue right before shedding, if yours dont, take them to a vet asap, there is something wrong with them.

Old 05-09-2013, 07:30 PM   #17
Myca
Quote:
Originally Posted by antsterr View Post
hmm, I see.
I was hoping to change the course of the conversation away somewhat from the topics already covered, mostly the ethics of cross breeding and the legitimacy of hybrids being the origin of certain morph claims. Perhaps I've missed a major part of other threads, I haven't seen much on the idea of ever classifying a trait as, like I said, borrowed.

Of course, I'm not a scientist so maybe I have no business suggesting that terms be changed, I'm curious if other terms do exists though to describe traits adopted form other species.

Did you know that according to a recent genetic study, unless you are of African decent you likely have about 11% neanderthal genetics? Possibly white skin is not of human origin :0
I read that about Neanderthals. This keeps getting better. I'm adding Chocolate covered raisend with my popcorn.

Old 05-09-2013, 07:32 PM   #18
Myca
Quote:
Originally Posted by yojoe05 View Post
any snake that is green AND NOT venomous is a hybrid between the two
Finally an answer so simple anybody can understand.... [/quote]

What about a black mamba?

Old 05-09-2013, 07:35 PM   #19
Chip
Black mamba is a corn.

Old 05-09-2013, 08:01 PM   #20
antsterr
No, a black mamba is a green mamba that spent too much time basking on the road.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google