CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

charcoal or anery motley

Old 04-05-2016, 04:42 PM   #1
Mazesnake
charcoal or anery motley

Hi all! Any idea what this little guy is. The guy i bought him from said he thinks he is a charcoal motley. His design is fading with each shed so i dont know what thats about. Any ideas??

Old 04-05-2016, 07:46 PM   #2
Dragonling
Hm, is it anery eyes that are always silver or charcoal? I can't remember off hand. Bright sunlight isn't the best for identifying, since it can wash out details. At a glance I would guess this is a stripe not motley based on the separated head pattern and thinness of the pattern. Do the stripes ever connect down the back anywhere?

Old 04-05-2016, 10:16 PM   #3
Mazesnake
He was smaller in this picture and you can see his pattern better. As for his eyes, they're not a bright silver more of a dark silver/grey. His eyes seem to have got darker with time but that might just be me?

Old 04-05-2016, 10:44 PM   #4
Dragonling
That looks more like a cubed stripe to me. I really can't say if it's anery or charcoal though. Babies are more obvious to me, since charcoal irises look almost black usually while anery eyes tend to match their ground color. Adults are tougher for me.

Old 04-09-2016, 07:24 PM   #5
turkeytim
I'm gonna go with anery cubed due to the yellow on the neck

Old 05-01-2016, 12:52 AM   #6
Mazesnake
Thank you so much for the replies. After researching some more and with your suggestions I'm going to say he's an aneryA and I guess a strip cubed.
One thing about his pAttern becoming less visaable? this normal for corn snakes? He's my first so I've never seen the progression of the colors and patterns. Thank you

Old 05-01-2016, 12:54 AM   #7
Mazesnake
Also, his yellow is dulling overtime along with his pattern

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google