CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Mystery noodle!

Old 06-06-2016, 12:27 AM   #1
Axent
Mystery noodle!

My little noodle is an oddball of a snake. He captivated me when I saw him. When he has a full belly you can see it in the form of a black, greyish mass.

Old 06-06-2016, 02:24 AM   #2
GMR_TFH
Smile

I would say based on the pattern and the color of the eyes it's a diffused moonstone. I have a 2 yr old male that looks almost identical. It's a little hard to say for sure though without better pics. It certainly would be easier to identify if your pics were taken in natural light like near a window where the light is coming through our even outside like the two where I have mine on a tree limb.

Old 06-06-2016, 02:24 AM   #3
Shiari
Possibly ghost lavender or phantom lavender.

Old 06-06-2016, 02:29 AM   #4
GMR_TFH
It's also looking a little thin too so you might want to try getting it every five days for about a month to put a little meat on its bones. It shouldn't have that V shape to it. It should look more like a loaf of bread instead. The reason you can see the food is because of the color of the baby. Darker snakes don't typically have that see through type appearance. That will change though as it grows. Where did you get it from?

Old 06-06-2016, 02:46 AM   #5
DollysMom
That's a beautiful little one you have there. Yeah, the light colored ones are semi-transparent when they are young. I remember when I could see my Cleo's heart.

Sweet youngster there. Best wishes.

Old 06-06-2016, 06:00 AM   #6
Nanci
Does he have faint checks on his belly? Does he have clear areas (not white) down the centers of his belly scales?

I was trying hypo plasma, something like that. Hypo lavender bloodred.

Old 06-06-2016, 06:38 AM   #7
Dragonling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiari View Post
Possibly ghost lavender or phantom lavender.
This was my initial guess.

For those wondering about the size/weight, this little guy escaped on two separate occasions from the pet store.

Old 06-06-2016, 10:54 AM   #8
Axent
Quote:
Originally Posted by SissyT213 View Post
It's also looking a little thin too so you might want to try getting it every five days for about a month to put a little meat on its bones. It shouldn't have that V shape to it. It should look more like a loaf of bread instead. The reason you can see the food is because of the color of the baby. Darker snakes don't typically have that see through type appearance. That will change though as it grows. Where did you get it from?
He is from my work. Little guy came in marked as an albino and managed to escape his tank on 2 separate occasions. Each time he was loose for over a month with only available food likely would have been crickets. Both times he was caught in sticky cricket traps and this time we decided normal customers can't take him due to his history so I took him home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SissyT213 View Post
I would say based on the pattern and the color of the eyes it's a diffused moonstone. I have a 2 yr old male that looks almost identical. It's a little hard to say for sure though without better pics. It certainly would be easier to identify if your pics were taken in natural light like near a window where the light is coming through our even outside like the two where I have mine on a tree limb.
I took some more pictures this morning trying to get the best neutral natural light. One does have direct sunlight though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
Does he have faint checks on his belly? Does he have clear areas (not white) down the centers of his belly scales?

I was trying hypo plasma, something like that. Hypo lavender bloodred.
His belly is plain down the whole length. I've attached the best photo he'd give me. Worm isn't a fan of handling yet.

Old 06-06-2016, 11:42 AM   #9
Nanci
Sure looks like bloodred/diffused to me. In addition to whatever else is going on.

Old 06-06-2016, 02:40 PM   #10
Axent
Well I've found out today that Worm here has more of a record than I thought. In the apparent 6 months he was in the store he got out 5 times! I was only aware of 2.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google