CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

What morph is he/she

Old 07-04-2016, 08:07 PM   #11
Shiari
I wouldn't call myself an *expert* by any stretch of the imagination... that title should go to Steve or Don or Walter or Rich.

But. It's clearly not any of the aneries or an amel. It's too dark for pretty much any of the hypos. It *might* have one of the red modifying genes, but right now it looks like it's in shed and super young and that can make it difficult to tell.

The borders look fairly thick. once it sheds, we might be able to see if it's one of the line-bred normals.

Old 07-04-2016, 08:11 PM   #12
Eavlynn
This is my little Loki. He's an Alabama phase normal with a few hets hidden is his genetics. I think the two look mighty similar, which is why I'm gonna have to say you've found yourself a cute little normal baby. I think the "normal" coloration is more eye catching than some of the morphs floating around out there!

Old 07-04-2016, 09:19 PM   #13
sdavis2
Yeah he's a tiny guy, I'll post some more pics as he grows and sheds. Beautiful corn Eavlynn!

Old 07-04-2016, 09:23 PM   #14
Eavlynn
Thanks, I'm looking forward to your progression pics!

Old 07-04-2016, 10:39 PM   #15
sdavis2
I know this is a corn website. But are we free to post other breed pics? I got some real beauties that aren't corns.

Old 07-04-2016, 11:27 PM   #16
DLena
Use the sub forum: All Others Photo Gallery
We're looking forward to some pics!

Old 07-05-2016, 01:58 AM   #17
sdavis2
Cool sounds good! Will have plenty to post when I get back in town!

Old 07-05-2016, 05:14 AM   #18
DollysMom
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdavis2 View Post
Well thank you very much! Saw this little guy and had to have him. Also have 2 beautiful snows.
I can see why you were drawn to him. He's really adorable. I love normals, by the way. I also love other morphs, but normals have a special place in my heart.

I took my normal, Mandy, to the local herpetological society once-a-year show and tell meeting last week. I was thinking a normal corn snake would probably be the least interesting thing there, but got so much positive feedback that I was blown away. She was the only corn snake there, too. It just reinforced that normals rock!

Old 07-05-2016, 03:12 PM   #19
smale492
I love normals! Had one a long time ago before it escaped and sadly was never found. I am planing on getting a blizzard soon (hopefully within the coming weeks when things start hatching out). I am very excited to get back into the corn snake scene.

Old 07-08-2016, 10:41 PM   #20
sdavis2
Lightbulb

Another pic of the little one. Only 12.3 grams at the time.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google