CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

New Bloodred Corn . . .

Old 07-28-2005, 02:49 PM   #21
chausies
Lightbulb it would be interesting also

to see if this is the WS gene at work - by test breeding to a WS ratsnake. It just looks so much like the WS gene, which we know has popped up in several species of snakes. I have heard that someone crossed WS blackrats with WS everglades and got all WS babies. Even if they are different local/subspecies/species, it is possible that the gene could be compatible. Any chance that you guys would sell a het from that breeding for test breeding to a WS ratsnake? If it is not compatible, then there would be a lot more work to determine what is going on. If it is compatible, then you would have a lot of questions answered (as far as genetics.)

Old 07-28-2005, 03:09 PM   #22
mrweaw
OMG!! Stunning!! I have a year to save up, I have a year to save up...breathe!

I want on the waiting list for next year Don! I almost fell off my chair when I saw that picture!

Old 07-28-2005, 04:05 PM   #23
franklin
bloods/whitesides

Quote:
Originally Posted by chausies
and Franklin, I had the same idea! I bought some white-sided everglades to breed with a bloodred. I figured it would make some awesome red snakes, and whitesided corn (hybrids) would look cool. If you do the breeding, I would love to hear about your results. I have a 2003 and 2004 female WS glades, the 2004 is poss het hypo. Don's WS bloodreds look like what I expected the offspring to look like (some red would likely "bleed" into the white, just as it does on the WS glades, and just as it does on the belly of the bloodred.)
Let's keep in touch on this project.

Thanks

Old 07-28-2005, 04:12 PM   #24
mrweaw
I just noticed this

Quote:
Oh, and Don if you need additional meteor-proofing, I'd be happy to volunteer for that duty.
Wouldn't we all volunteer for that job!! I live in Oregon, we are hurricane proof out here too!

Old 07-28-2005, 06:18 PM   #25
CornCrazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrweaw
I almost fell off my chair when I saw that picture!
You aren't the only one!

Don those are amazing snakes! I'm definitely gonna have to have a pair of those one day! Thanks for sharing the pics!

Old 07-28-2005, 06:30 PM   #26
debcash
Amazing and beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!! What fun! It just boggles the mind to think of all the wonderful new combinations. Thanks for sharing Don!

Old 07-28-2005, 09:12 PM   #27
Khaman
Could this be related to the piebald blood that Frank Pinello hatched out a couple of years ago?

Old 07-28-2005, 09:42 PM   #28
ecreipeoj
"They're off the charts", just like you said.

They are not what I expected, but better! I will be surprised if you don't see the Pied markings moving north very soon. I see a few white spots that are not on the sides already.

Old 07-29-2005, 06:20 AM   #29
Traci1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaman
Could this be related to the piebald blood that Frank Pinello hatched out a couple of years ago?
if I recall, (i could be wrong) Frank Pinello's "odd" bloodred wasn't a piebald, it didn't have white...but it had lots of patches that looked "ghost-like".

but this thread also got me thinking about that animal, I'd love to see a recent picture of it! (but I don't see Frank post any more)

Old 07-29-2005, 11:58 AM   #30
Gronk
Cherry Pie Bloodreds ?

Awesome Don...simply awesome !

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google