CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Calico Corn Information?

Old 11-08-2008, 01:33 AM   #91
ForkedTung
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptile_jones View Post
Great photo's I think we are getting closer to the true ID of the "Calico Corn"
No doubt about it! With all of these examples of non-pantherophis ratsnakes and the seemingly incongruous story about the million dollar corn...I'm thinking "cough, cough hybrid, cough" excuse me...

Old 11-08-2008, 06:56 PM   #92
zeewhiz
dang forkedtung, there must be a cold goin' around, 'cause I have the coughs too. I was just getting ready to say "cough, cough, also not wild caught, cough, cough

Old 07-29-2009, 11:03 AM   #93
richm2778
Baby Leucy's

My two Leucies did the deed and some eggs hatched today. This is their second clutch and the first clutch only hatched out 1 egg. The snakes are interesting. They are stark white on the scales, but have some under patterns to them. I will post pics after the first shed. No speckles yet, but that is how my female was when I got her... Stark white. The speckles came with age and maturity.

rich

Old 07-29-2009, 07:43 PM   #94
hezikiawilson
very intresting. congrats keep us posted

Old 07-29-2009, 08:17 PM   #95
richm2778
I sure will. I have a few more pippies now too. Unfortunately, the largest egg ruptured today and there was nothing inside it except two separate tissue masses. I guess it was going to be twins but didn't work out. I have two more that have pipped, and 2 more with slits that are still in the shell totally, and I am not yet sure if they will make it. I will keep you posted.

Old 07-31-2009, 01:45 PM   #96
Windy
Look forward to seeing the photos

Old 07-31-2009, 04:03 PM   #97
stephen
WOW!

Dont look anything like a cornsnake to me, I know a guy who breeds alot of hybrids that are way cooler then that animal
I sure as hell wouldnt pay 10s of thousands of dollars for a snake thats more then likely is a hybrid!

Old 02-01-2010, 01:13 AM   #98
P-eversole
very pretty snake

I am surprised that nobody noticed that this snake has a single anal plate. Corn snakes have a divided anal plate. The head scale count also does not match with any elaphe species. I would have to say this is an amazing looking masticophis although it does look a lot like an extreme colored buttermilk racer.

Old 02-01-2010, 01:55 AM   #99
Shiari
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-eversole View Post
I am surprised that nobody noticed that this snake has a single anal plate.
I looked again at the photo, and it's got two scales over the vent, not one like you are saying.

Old 02-01-2010, 02:32 AM   #100
P-eversole
On my browser the anal plate, just left of the last red scale on the belly, sure looks undivided. maybe my picture is'nt as good as yours though.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google