CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Calico Corn Information?

Old 08-07-2008, 10:36 AM   #31
zeewhiz
i agree 100% drew.........

Old 08-07-2008, 10:44 AM   #32
snakemom1961
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptile_jones View Post
In this link it say's that the snake was found and then sold to Paul's very good friend. You talk that you found it and keeping it for a breeding project.

Now, I will say that Wayne said he "aquired" the snake on a recent hunting trip. Does it mean he found it? or bought it? or it was given to him. That I don't know. However, since he hasn't been back to answer your question, it does make you wonder. HMMMMMM.

Old 08-07-2008, 10:09 PM   #33
Wayne
To set things straight, yes I have the snake. I have part ownership with the person that originally found the snake, but they wish to stay anonomous. As far as paul and his comments on the other forum, I know paul very well and he is a good friend of mine, unfortunately he made a poor choose on his statement about blacks and snakes, but the fact remains that he was merely just trying to get the point across that another snake just like this one was also found, but the people that found it were indeed black and were terrified of the snake and unfortunatelly killed it brought it to use to see which totally horified us. As far as paul being racist, no way, just a very poor attempt to explaining the facts about a second snake being found just like this one. As far as to the location of where this snake was found, well naturally no one but the people directly involved will know that info, every snake in that area is being collected and put into the breeding program that is being set up to create more of this very interesting snake, the best you will get out of anyone is that it was found in south carolina. There have been some remarks as to the amount of money that was payed to the original person that found this snake, well rest at easy they still own a portion of the rights to the snake and were paid very handsomly for my interest in the snake which are in the 10's of thousands of dollars, both parties have agreed to keep the exact some undisclosed. Also I hope that this will let alot of the people that have been bugging me about buying this snake to realize that it isn't for sell or at least untill someone gets serious with their offer which will have to be in the 6 digits to even be considered. As far as what the snake is, well it is definitely a corn snake, but as to exactly what is going on with the color skeem and patern is still in debate, over the next few weeks the snake is going to be taken to several experts in the feild of corn snakes to make some type of deffinite conclusion as to what to call it. For now we are leaning away from calling it a calico and believe it to be more of some type of lusistic morph, but from what we can tell of the patern leads us to believe that this snake has alot more going on than just a color morph. Only time will tell! For all those that are serious about keeping up with the breeding program and it's progress feel free to email me directly at living2please@yahoo.com I will gladly reply to all serious inquiries. I may not get back to you that day, I have a pretty hectic life and don't get on the computer every day, but I will reply. As far as putting more pics up of the snake up, well I still haven't figured out how to do it on this forum yet, but if you send me an email I will gladly send you some pics of the snake. I hope this clears up everything, but if it doesn't just ask and I will do the best I can to answer any serious questions. Thanks to all and God bless! Parrish Wayne Coker

Old 08-07-2008, 10:42 PM   #34
reptile_jones
Wayne Thanks for the reply. How many animals do you have so far in the breeding group? Is the one in the photo a male or female? It might be better to post an update from time to time then to have 100's of email asking the same thing over and over.

Old 08-08-2008, 03:09 AM   #35
zeewhiz
I'm sorry, but I call bull... we've asked and asked for more pics to no avail, he claims to have paid "tens of thousands" for this WC snake from the person who captured it, even though she was terrified of snakes, she somehow recognized that it was "something special", and demanded that high of a price for it. (most people that are terrified of snakes just want the damn thing out of their house) The location, not even the county, have been disclosed. And I still say its a black rat. They eyebrows are a dead giveaway. Even if it is a black rat, its still the best and craziest looking one I've ever seen, and I would love to see the gene carried out into offspring. That takes nothing away from the snake just because its a black rat (if it is).

I may be wrong, and If I am, I'll apologize. But until further proof of this snake's true origins, species, and location (to an extent) are brought forward, I stand here.

Old 08-08-2008, 04:33 PM   #36
Wayne
zeewhiz or *PERSONAL INFO EDITED OUT*, yes I know who you are! I never said the snake was caught be the same person that killed the first one, you just assumed it was the same person! Two totally different people.

THIS ISN'T THE FAUNA B.O.I.. MEMBERS WILL NOT POST PERSONAL INFORMATION ON OTHER MEMBERS WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION. CONSIDER THIS AN OFFICIAL WARNING. - Dean (a.k.a. Roy Munson; moderator)

Old 08-08-2008, 04:53 PM   #37
zeewhiz
hey wayne, I appreciate you giving me a call to further explain your case.

However, am I supposed to be intimidated by a sudden phone call or that you can give me my own address? congratulations to you on "figuring out the google button on the interwebs!"

I do appreciate you offering for me to come look at the snake, although I doubt driving around 3 hours to see a snake that may or may not be in your posession would hardly be worth my time.

On the phone you told me that you have more pics of the snake, but you cant figure out how to get them on here. Heres some help for ya:

go to photoucket.com and create an account
load up your pictures, and then each picture will have 4 lines of code underneath them.
click the "IMG" code, (which will automatically copy the code)
right click and paste into your forum reply

you shouldn't have a problem.

as I said previously, IF i'm proven wrong, I'll wholeheartedly admit so. I reread your story, and I now realize that the over-generalized black lady who sold you the snake for the undisclosed sum of tens of thousands of dollars didnt actually catch it. it was her baby's daddy's best friends uncles cousin's sister. By the way, did you go up to Long Island and pick up the Montauk Monster? They seem to have misplaced that as well....

Old 08-08-2008, 05:10 PM   #38
Wayne
Matthew I gave you a call, not to intimidate you,but to give you an oppertunity to see the snake in person. I am going to be in greenville next week and figured I would be nice and let you see first hand what you might think of the snake on a professional bases as a fellow breeder, but I can see by the attitude that you have taken that this is a lost cause....and to think I was actually considering getting in touch with alot of the local breeders and making this a joint effert. Oh well, I've wasted enough of my time with you.

Oh and to all others in SC that are legitamit breeders of corns and would like to in some way be part of this breeding program send me an email and I would be glad to talk with you on this project!

Old 08-08-2008, 06:13 PM   #39
Drewby07
Posting someone's address on a public internet forum is crossing a line IMHO.

I've attached pics sent to me by Wayne. I had to resize them because they were waaay too big. I cannot tell anything from them, but I don't know the identifying scalation of a corn snake's head. The head looks more to me like a black racer, but the red near the vent is VERY interesting....no idea on this one guys...

Old 08-08-2008, 06:20 PM   #40
Nanci
As my kid used to say, Geez Mackerel!!! I want to hold it!!!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google