CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Transparent Hypo? Blue Ice?

Old 09-25-2003, 03:51 PM   #61
Kat
Quote:
It seems that the only way to avoid that would be to destoy them.
Why is it that when someone's concerned about something THEY don't want accidentally appearing in their collection, they advocate the destruction of those animals? Seriously... since when is carrying a gene for a different kind of hypo a defect worth effort to cull it from the gene pool? It's not as if the gene suddenly makes the snakes 'diseased' or something. Yeesh.

Quote:
I take it that "Anery C" equals "Caramel?"
I've heard it referred to as such on occasion... but whenever I hear it called that, it makes me wonder why the same person doesn't call Lavender "Anery D" or something... It's not like lavenders show red pigment either.

-Kat

Old 09-25-2003, 04:58 PM   #62
carol
Well, since you were asking for any other known name people have tried to use for a type of hypo.... you are leaving out the supposed T-/T+ corns that were being offered last year at that same IRBA show.

Old 09-25-2003, 05:17 PM   #63
carol
Oh ya, and don't forget Ruby-eyed Hypo. I don't know which catagory that should fall under though.

Old 09-25-2003, 05:33 PM   #64
Rich Z
Yeah, I think the lines are blurring between Hypos and Amels....

Old 09-25-2003, 07:22 PM   #65
Jason B.
KAT,
I didn't advocate anything . I was asking questions about what would be done with the offspring. I made an observation that double het for two forms of hypo would cause a lot of confusion down the road and the only way to avoid that would be to destoy them,although if someone had a hungry kingsnake they would probably be doing us all a favor and it is as natural as the mice you feed your corns. I know test breedings are done ,but didn't know what became of the offspring.
I think a national snake registry of some sort would be great for this sort of thing. A website where you could track a snakes family tree with just an I.D.#.

Old 09-25-2003, 09:04 PM   #66
Carlos
Kat, I post this picture before asking what type of Hypo is this one that look different from all the others that I have, I don't get any imput so I delete the post. Hereis againg. This Hypo has white borders, I'm working in a lot of project now and I need to know what is what before I use it. I got those guys last year from Jim at SW reptiles.Take care. Carlos

Old 09-25-2003, 09:14 PM   #67
ecreipeoj
HYPO CORN SNAKE NAMES

I forgot two obvious ones that I have used. Blue Ice (C x Anery A) (name may change) and "Regular Hypo".

I have also wondered why we don't use Type D for Lavender. I have produced Anery A and lavender in the same clutch. Anery A from lavenders and lavenders from Anery A.

My Striped Lavender Project doesn't have Anery A in it at all. You would think that if lavender was a double homozygous animal that the differant genes would have showed up out of 275 hatchling to date produced from Normals het for lavender/striped/amel and amels het for lavender/striped.

Old 09-25-2003, 10:24 PM   #68
Rich Z
I can't recall anyone claiming that Lavender is a double homozygous cultivar. Probably because it is not.

Old 09-26-2003, 01:05 AM   #69
Darin Chappell
If the T-/T+ that some breeders are using are referring to the animal being tyrosinase positive or negative, that would not be talking about hypo. It should only be used in connection with amelanism, because it is the capacity to produce melanin at all that tyrosine controls.

Old 09-26-2003, 07:40 AM   #70
ecreipeoj
Tranparent Hypo Okeetee

Pure Okeetee from wild caught stock. At least, that is what I was told.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google