CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Transparent Hypo? Blue Ice?

Old 09-26-2003, 07:43 AM   #71
ecreipeoj
Trans Hypo Albino

I suspect this albino is homozygous for Trans Hypo and Amel. I have produced very few of these and they look very differant than the Albino Okeetees from this line.

Old 09-26-2003, 07:45 AM   #72
ecreipeoj
Albino Okeetee Trans \Line

Albino Okeetee from Trans Hypo line.

Old 09-26-2003, 07:48 AM   #73
ecreipeoj
Snow Okeetee Trans Line

Snow Okeetee Trans Line.

Old 09-26-2003, 08:12 AM   #74
ecreipeoj
Okeetee Corn Snake Trans Line

This snake is pure Okeetee from wild caught stock from the Trans Line. Her borders are black, but not as wide as we like to see. or think the Okeetee should look like. Her color is what we would expect from an Okeetee.

Old 09-26-2003, 08:16 AM   #75
ecreipeoj
Trans Hypo Snow Homo.?

I believe this snake is homozygous for Trans Hypo and Snow. He looks very much like a Blizzard from the top, but has strong yellow on his side. (Sorry about the eyes)

Old 09-26-2003, 08:19 AM   #76
ecreipeoj
Ultra Hypo Test Breedings

Test breedings Ultra X Hypo and Ultra X Sunkissed

I -can- tell you that he's (Ultra) not carrying Hypo A... I bred him to an amber from Don S. this year and got normals, caramels, and amels... no hypos of any kind. Kat (Not compatible)

I have bred Ultra Hypo to Sunkissed and gotten all normals, as this was one of the earlier tests I did to try to figure out what Sunkissed actually was. Rich Z (Not Compatible)

And when I have bred Ultra Hypo to a couple of Ambers (which were supposedly just regular Hypo combined with Caramel), I got ALL normals hatched out. Rich Z (Not Compatible)

I have bred Ultra Hypo to Hypo Lavender and gotten some Hypos and some normals. Rich Z (Hypo Lavender perhaps het for Ultra?)

I have a couple of what I thought are regular Hypos that when I breed Ultra Hypo to them, will produce two distinctly different looking Hypo babies. Rich Z (Perhaps one is homozygous for the other trait and other is het the for other trait?) Griffinders point. (Rich Z’s or someone else’s mixed morph potion?)

It would seem that Ultra has been test bred to Sunkissed and Regular Hypo and found to be incompatible with the two.

Joe

Old 09-26-2003, 09:57 AM   #77
CAV
Quote:
This snake is pure Okeetee from wild caught stock from the Trans Line.
I'm confused or perhaps didn't understand this statement correctly. How do you get pure wild-caught Okeetees from you CB "Trans line"?

Old 09-26-2003, 11:44 AM   #78
carol
Thanks Darin for your clarification! I get kind of lost reading about the T-/T+, you put it very straight forward. I do remember that someone at that same IRBA show has some really different looking snakes labeled as T-/T+ hypos, now as I just learned the labeling was incorrect. But regardless of how they were labeled the snakes still looked a lot like Joes animals and I was just curious if he saw them. They could even be results of his "space garbage".

Old 09-26-2003, 12:24 PM   #79
Clint Boyer
I think.........

That the T+ albino could easily be mistaken for some form of hypo. I hear alot about the T+ but none that have been proven to be that. I'm not sure what 'proof' is needed, is there a test that can confirm it?

Old 09-26-2003, 12:59 PM   #80
eddie
i might be far out here

if there are unknow types of hypo and we can seem to figure it out why couldnt we take sum dna samples of regular hypos the other types..... then take some dna samples from some hatchlings and the parents....wouldnt this in a way see the kinds of gene. yes i know its gunan cost a pretty penny.. but wouldnt this be worth it? i know everyone is saying well u never know what kind of hypo it is and what other traits it carrys.. isnt it just the same as a amel carrying a unknown het when u get it from a pet store and later finding out its het for anery and u end up wiht snows? i my self dont mind suprises. if there are other genes out there not found... then apprently we have to breed alot more to find them...or maybe the hypos look diffrent do to the way they were incubated? could that be a cause? to much heat causes death,deormed babaies right? well could it also cause lack of vitems or other things to cause a skin(scale problem) well im goign to stop babbiling just thought id put my 2c in..(sorry for spelling i just woke up)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google