CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

Euthanization -- A New Method

Old 05-04-2009, 01:00 PM   #21
ComoxCorn
I had been thinking of getting myself one of these Wade. My neighbour gets a little uptight everytime I fired off the 12 guage.

Old 05-04-2009, 06:25 PM   #22
Drizzt80
Quote:
Originally Posted by medusacoils View Post
You know what is really funny? Some PETA Nutter is going to visit this site, think your serious and have a kinipshin!!

Nice pics Wade,

Wayne
Oh, there's already a couple hangin' out around here if I had my guess.

I have a question wade. What has been your experience using multiple targets at once? That would solve cocerns regarding ammunition shortages.

Great method which serves its purpose!
D80

Old 05-04-2009, 08:15 PM   #23
RobbiesCornField
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade View Post
Actually you all have assumed that this method was to procure snake sustenance. That is something I have not stated. At this point my goal was only to get the mouse dead.
This sounds SO much more effective than Tim's spatula!

Old 05-04-2009, 08:47 PM   #24
wade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzt80 View Post
I have a question wade. What has been your experience using multiple targets at once? That would solve cocerns regarding ammunition shortages.

Great method which serves its purpose!
D80
Brent, this method works great on entire litters of pinkies and fuzzies. After they mature beyond that point it becomes difficult to keep them in the huddle formation.

As you can see from my pictures, this is done at close range. If you stepped off 30 paces and released say 20 weanlings all at once it would be like flock shooting at ducks. You don’t get any.

Old 05-04-2009, 09:03 PM   #25
KachineK
OMG!! This is too funny!! I'll have to show this to my sister next time I see her!!!

Kachine Kolgon

Old 05-04-2009, 09:10 PM   #26
wasuslitherin
funny funny. I first I thought you were serious!!!! lol LOL

Old 05-05-2009, 12:44 AM   #27
TandJ
Pete rattled on with..

Quote:
I had been thinking of getting myself one of these Wade. My neighbour gets a little uptight everytime I fired off the 12 guage.
Damn Canadians and their gun control issues.. *LOL*

Regards.... Tim of T and J

Old 05-05-2009, 01:28 PM   #28
tommiegunnz
OMG Wade that is too funny!!!!!!! Could make it a little more sporting say with a .22-250 and about 100 yards, same end result but the challenge factor goes WAAAYYY up. LOL

Old 05-05-2009, 02:40 PM   #29
vetusvates
Wade, I'm glad to see you included the clergy. Nothing like a good kind priest to ease the crossing-over.
I'm thinking french revolution, though. Much more left to actually feed a snake, if that is the ultimate goal.

Old 05-05-2009, 02:54 PM   #30
Drizzt80
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommiegunnz View Post
OMG Wade that is too funny!!!!!!! Could make it a little more sporting say with a .22-250 and about 100 yards, same end result but the challenge factor goes WAAAYYY up. LOL
I'd have to respectfully disagree. While increasing the challenge factor, you'd be decreasing the ultimate goal which is the humane euthenization of the mouse with speed and efficiency. By increasing your distance and decreasing the size of your shot you are increasing the chances of wounding, not killing, your target.

D80

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google