CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Was at Petco and....

Old 08-11-2009, 09:08 PM   #11
RobbiesCornField
Maybe it's an amel in shed?

Old 08-11-2009, 09:13 PM   #12
Old_School
Yep, I would also say it is a late blooming amel. I had one myself this past season. Here are 3 pics 1st is right out of egg, then 1 month old and last same snake at 2 months:
1 day old;

1 month old;

and same snake at 2 months;

and he still gets a bit more red each week.

Old 08-11-2009, 09:49 PM   #13
Floof
That's a gorgeous snake, Old School! One thing I'm thrilled about, with the snake in my first photo, is that "she" keeps getting lighter and lighter. Don't know if she's going into her second shed already or what, but she certainly isn't getting any redder--unlike some of her siblings. =)

Robbie, I don't know why no one else thought of that.. Lol. It could easily be in shed... Especially considering how much of a pain it is to tell when an amel-based morph is in shed. =P

1TimeMom, next time you go into Petco, you should definitely snap some pictures for us. =)

Old 08-11-2009, 09:52 PM   #14
RobbiesCornField
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floof View Post
That's a gorgeous snake, Old School! One thing I'm thrilled about, with the snake in my first photo, is that "she" keeps getting lighter and lighter. Don't know if she's going into her second shed already or what, but she certainly isn't getting any redder--unlike some of her siblings. =)

Robbie, I don't know why no one else thought of that.. Lol. It could easily be in shed... Especially considering how much of a pain it is to tell when an amel-based morph is in shed. =P

1TimeMom, next time you go into Petco, you should definitely snap some pictures for us. =)
Simple minds think of simple solutions.

Old 08-11-2009, 09:54 PM   #15
Old_School
Quote:

Your lucky!! I wish mine would have stayed lighter.

Old 08-11-2009, 09:58 PM   #16
vetusvates
Hmmm...très intéressant. I'm leaning toward an orange/buff thing going on.

Old 08-11-2009, 09:59 PM   #17
RobbiesCornField
Quote:
Originally Posted by vetusvates View Post
Hmmm...très intéressant. I'm leaning toward an orange/buff thing going on.
Aw crap... HIDE THE THREAD!!!

Old 08-11-2009, 10:05 PM   #18
Floof
Robbie, are you saying being complex is a bad thing?? .. You know, it probably is... If us complex people can't even deduce that a snake might be in shed.. Lol! =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_School View Post
Your lucky!! I wish mine would have stayed lighter.
There's really no telling if she'll STAY like that, though. The entire clutch is a month old as of today/tomorrow, so we'll see how their color develops. I might even attempt a progression thread once I choose my keepers. =)

Old 08-11-2009, 10:07 PM   #19
RobbiesCornField
Quote:
Robbie, are you saying being complex is a bad thing?? .. You know, it probably is... If us complex people can't even deduce that a snake might be in shed.. Lol! =)
Nah, I'm just saying it takes much less to entert....

OOH LOOK! SOMETHING SHINEY!

Old 08-11-2009, 11:12 PM   #20
1TimeMoM
yea he is def an amel but like I said his pics show him being orange im going to see if I can find a pic that shows his color better tha the others...

As for the shed thing Idk maybe but I counted 5 lil skins and 6 snakes and one of the normals was in blue so Idk... I knbow they arent that great of taking care of them which pisses me off.. the boas still have skin in their tank from when I went 3 wks ago same place and everything so it may be old sheds from the corns....

Old_School he is in between the first and second pic.. he is gorgeous and I would have gotten him if I didnt have an amel already... they have some gooooorgeous aneries... they actually have one that I been keeping my eyes on for a few weeks... it has pink/rosy colors on its cheeks... I want him/her!!!!

This is the best pic I can find of whiskey thats closets to his color.. this was before his shed he his a lil darker now.. just a tad tho... sorry its grainy it was taken on a phone... whatcha think I know he is an amel.. but he is soooo dark red..

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google