CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

My corn snake Ruby kills Adult male mouse.

Old 09-02-2009, 02:52 AM   #41
DarkSmoke
AND REMEMBER BEFORE YOU REPLY BACK TO ME:
1. i dont say feeding live pray is safe
2. i dont say loling about a video of a snake eating a mouse is nice or funny
3. the only thing i posted on this thread was to prove the people that said there was no interest , entertainment, fascination about a snake killing and eating its prey that they where wrong and they exegarated.

anything else your gonna reply to me other than that pls, don't your wasting your time i didnt stay nothing more then that in this thread so try to understand my point before comeing to bomb me.
pz

i hope i was specific enough LoL ;p

Old 09-02-2009, 03:13 AM   #42
ceduke
I don't find the suffering of a live animal entertaining. I find it disturbing that anyone would.

Old 09-02-2009, 05:43 AM   #43
northwestcorns
When I got my first BP, I loved snakes, but I was so upset about how I had to feed it. As far as I know, or at least in the area I was in in 1993 (Southern Mississippi), there were no frozen rodent wholesalers and I have never been able to kill or brain anything. Also, a vet back then told me that a snake won't eat something dead, he said that the movement is what stimulates the feeding response. When someone in my family makes a commitment to an animal, we don't get rid of the animal.

I gave that BP to my brother and Mom when I joined the Navy, I just couldn't take it to boot camp and subsequent duty stations at the time. For the next 13 years, my family fed that snake live. They did it because they thought they had to. They would get a mouse in a brown paper bag, open the bag and drop it into the tank, and then cover the tank for the next two days. It was a horrible experience for them. It wasn't until I re-visited reptiles and found out about frozen thawed that I realized I could really enjoy the keeping of snakes. I reacquired my BP and now he has been transferred to f/t. Now I only feed live when it is pinks and when I'm trying to stimulate a stubborn feeder. The frozen thawed rodent wholesaler industry revolutionized snake keeping. I'm so thankful for that.

Darksmoke is correct. The way snakes feed is fascinating. However, even in the wild, they will eat a dead animal if they come upon it. They are pretty opportunistic. So we are giving them the opportunity to eat safely.

Old 09-06-2009, 10:51 AM   #44
DaKing0fqueens
For all who replied negatively, why watch something you don't like? The title clearly describes the thread. I posted this for all the live feeding snake enthusiasts. I have always fed this specific corn snake live and I do supervise her while she's killing at all times.

Old 09-06-2009, 11:03 AM   #45
Lennycorn
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaKing0fqueens View Post
For all who replied negatively, why watch something you don't like? The title clearly describes the thread. I posted this for all the live feeding snake enthusiasts. I have always fed this specific corn snake live and I do supervise her while she's killing at all times.
Because there is no rule saying we can't reply to a post. Positive or negatively. And as you seen there isn't many live feeding ENTHUSIASTS here.
Most here who have to feed live are NOT enthused by it.
We are more concern about the health of your snake than your feelings.
Feeling can be mended.

You stated in the above that you feed this specific snake live. do you have others that you feed f/t ??

Old 09-06-2009, 11:41 AM   #46
starsevol
Quote:
People who get off on live feeding should be either locked up or under a doctor's care and really should not be on the internet at all....
Damn I hate sickos....

Old 09-06-2009, 11:50 AM   #47
Lennycorn
Quote:
Originally Posted by starsevol View Post
...... should not be on the internet at all....
Damn I hate sickos....
But... but ..You love me, don't you? Just a little.

Old 09-06-2009, 12:10 PM   #48
starsevol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennycorn View Post
But... but ..You love me, don't you? Just a little.
Well Ray Ray, you are sick in all the RIGHT ways!
Gotta love a surfer dude

Old 09-06-2009, 01:01 PM   #49
DaKing0fqueens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennycorn View Post
Because there is no rule saying we can't reply to a post. Positive or negatively. And as you seen there isn't many live feeding ENTHUSIASTS here.
Most here who have to feed live are NOT enthused by it.
We are more concern about the health of your snake than your feelings.
Feeling can be mended.

You stated in the above that you feed this specific snake live. do you have others that you feed f/t ??
Yea my milksnake

Old 09-06-2009, 03:42 PM   #50
Floof
Gee, this thread really grew up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSmoke View Post
AND REMEMBER BEFORE YOU REPLY BACK TO ME:
1. i dont say feeding live pray is safe
2. i dont say loling about a video of a snake eating a mouse is nice or funny
3. the only thing i posted on this thread was to prove the people that said there was no interest , entertainment, fascination about a snake killing and eating its prey that they where wrong and they exegarated.

anything else your gonna reply to me other than that pls, don't your wasting your time i didnt stay nothing more then that in this thread so try to understand my point before comeing to bomb me.
pz

i hope i was specific enough LoL ;p
Sure, watching a snake eat is interesting. It's fascinating, too. However, it isn't in the LEAST entertaining, as I said in my first post (5 pages ago), to anyone but the most deprived/demented/backward people. I enjoy watching my snakes eat their DEAD prey, especially when the snake in question had previously only fed live, because I take joy from the fact that my snakes are healthy and that they WILL eat. However, I flinch, plug my ears, and shut my eyes tight whenever I have to feed a stubborn hatchling a live pinky. IME, this is a normal reaction for caring snake-keepers. This is a normal reaction for caring people in general... One of the only times I've had to feed live prey, I had two (non-snake-keeping) friends over, who both reacted the same way I did to the pinky's horrifying squeals.

Even my brother (an extremely mentally/emotional handicapped BiPolar teenager who gets a kick out of the pain, suffering, and general instigation of the family at large--the dogs especially--and, yes, he's been in an outpatient of mental hospitals since he was 3 and an inpatient several times) is horrified by the idea of live-feeding. This has to say something about those (especially those informed) people who ENJOY watching a captive snake kill a live mouse/rat.

I'd also like to add that various previous comments were VERY correct. Most f/t-feeding snakes don't know the difference. Out of 23 snakes (not counting my 6 newest acquisitions), I only have two who don't act as though their prey is alive. All the others strike, coil, and "kill" their prey. As for the other two... One insisted on being left alone with his pre-killed prey from his very first feeding, and the other stopped doing the strike/coil routine shortly after finding out she didn't have to fight for her food.

Quote:
You know, just because someone posted doesn't mean they watched your precious video--and that's a rather selfish assumption. I certainly haven't. It's just so predictable, watching it is unnecessary. Which is good, because live-feeding "entertainment" videos make me gag.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
corn snake, mouse