CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

My corn snake Ruby kills Adult male mouse.

Old 09-08-2009, 04:19 PM   #81
starsevol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily1188 View Post
Teenage asshat getting rocks = the OP, not you

Emily = you (and me, but not in this case)

She was addressing you, but referring the OP's video and to the OP as the asshat.

Correct me if I'm wrong, starsevol, but that's how I read it?
Yup, that's EXACTLY right!
You get the gold star..or in this case, the gold snake!

Old 09-08-2009, 04:21 PM   #82
MedusaCorns
Quote:
Originally Posted by kandie_kitten View Post
You know, the more you say, "I'm just a country girl!" as your reasoning for how you treat animals is pretty sad, and gives "country girls" all over a bad name.

Most people who live on farms, who hunt, and live in the country have a respect for animals of all sizes, which you completely seem to lack.

It's "just" a mouse, it's "just" a lizard. It is a life. You're a pretty messed up person if you deliberately drag their deaths out for your enjoyment, because you think it's "cool".

Old 09-08-2009, 04:22 PM   #83
COerriccaRN
Quote:
I also hunt but I prefer to make a clean kill rather than watching animal kibby out, bleat and scream before it dies or I have to do something about it. It doesn't please me to take a life even though I hunt or sometimes raise my own meat but I understand the need to feed..
First, It doesn't PLEASE me to take a life, but it doesn't BOTHER me in the least. I once shot a young doe, wounded her (accidently) and she rolled and hollered across the road for about five minutes before I could get another clean shot. Yes, I was upset I missed but I'm not gonna start crying and say "Aw, that poor poor deer. I wish I could just make it better." I am gonna wait until I can get a clean shot and end its suffering as soon as I can. I do not enjoy wounding them, but I do not get tore up about it.

Quote:
Hope your safe in the woods while you enjoy watching something die. Hope your a responsible hunter and not one of these mix drink/pill pooping weirdo's that ruin it for other who actually enjoy sitting in the woods only to get lucky to bring something home to the table...
As I said before, I do not enjoy it. And thanks for wishing me safety And I am a very responsible hunter. Extremely. I enjoy sitting in the woods hunting more than anything. I am not a pill popper. I am a 17 year old girl, who is a cheerleader, hunter, college student and devout Christian...So I am normal, not crazy. I am not ruining a thing at all.

Old 09-08-2009, 04:23 PM   #84
COerriccaRN
Quote:
Sorry for my confusion, I guesss I should have re-read the post better Sorry about that!

Old 09-08-2009, 04:23 PM   #85
Emily1188
Quote:
Originally Posted by COerriccaRN View Post
I agree with safety, not so much with it being humane. F/T are gassed to death. I don't care either way, its just a mouse.
Sleepy death, or crushed? Hmmm, which is better? (Come on, now...) Regardless of whether you care about the mouse or not, one is undeniably less painful and frightening.

Quote:
As for me being country, I am saying that because I did play outside alot. With bugs and other things. IMO, I did nothing cruel ot inhumane. I killed a slug, who cares? How many ants have you stepped on? How many burgers have you ate? How many spiders ect have you smooshed?
I played outside all the time and didn't kill things... I caught things, I looked at things - I didn't kill them. I was the bug master, back in the day - but not the bug killer.

Coincidently, I don't crush ants on purpose, and I prefer my meat from humanely-raised and killed sources.

No one is debating that there can be a time and place for killing - we're just debating that it should be done as carefully and humanely as possible regardless of the animal, whereas you don't care as long as the creature being killed isn't something you personally value.

Old 09-08-2009, 04:24 PM   #86
Emily1188
Quote:
Originally Posted by starsevol View Post
YOU'RE GIVING ME A GOLDUST?! Let me PM you my address!

Old 09-08-2009, 04:25 PM   #87
COerriccaRN
Quote:
No one is debating that there can be a time and place for killing - we're just debating that it should be done as carefully and humanely as possible regardless of the animal, whereas you don't care as long as the creature being killed isn't something you personally value.
Actually, I have killede animals that I personally value. I bottled raised a calf once, ate him about 6 months later. A baby pig lived in my room, cared for by me, for 4 months. She was the best bacon I ever ate

Old 09-08-2009, 04:35 PM   #88
MedusaCorns
**I Quote**

Quote:
Okay, so I just stumbled across this thread...and have a few things to say

1. Feeding live is not "sick." I think its amazing to watch a snake attack and kill an anole the way it would in the wild. Its enjoyable.

2. I love to hunt. I enjoy killing deer, it makes me happy. It also makes MANY other people happy. This is no different from feeding your snakes live food (besides it being dangerous)

3. I couldn't watch the video, but from what everyone is saying...he just fed his snake live and liked it. So...? Whats the big deal? Its just a mouse. They are just...mice. Not seeing what the big deal is between you killing them and the snake killing them (besides danger to your snake.)

4. I feed live anoles for a few reasons. One is because I enjoy giving my snakes something "different" now and then. Two is because I breed anoles. I freeze some, I feed fresh ones live. It gives my snake exersize, something to hunt, and a challenge. Its just a lizzard.

Anyway, not looking to get flamed...just pointing these things out and putting in my two cents.

Old 09-08-2009, 04:39 PM   #89
COerriccaRN
Medusa Corns, you are right. Hunting is enjoyable. I love it, its my passion. I LOVE IT!! I will post some pictures later on in this thread.

And it is amazing watching a snake kill a mouse. Its so cool. Its something i would probably never see in my lifetime, and its cool to watch it in your own bedroom.

Here is a picture of me (when I was much younger) and a twelve point I killed at the deer lease It was a wonderful expeirene!

Old 09-08-2009, 04:59 PM   #90
RobbiesCornField
Quote:
Also, as kids we put salt on slugs. It was kinda neat. We did it as a science expeirment to. They are just slugs.
We also burned ants with magnifing glasses. It was all we had to do really, and that does not make me sadistic, sick, or pathetic. Just a country girl who found fun in her own back yard.
So... you openly admit that you enjoyed the pain and suffering of other animals. Remember, a life is still a life, no matter how small or seemingly insignificant. Do I have a problem killing mosquitos and spiders? Heck no. They're a nuisance. But why did the slug have to have salt put on it? Why did you have to burn the ants with a magnifying glass?

I'm sure living out in the country, there were all sort of other ways you could have preserved life, and not tortured it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
corn snake, mouse