CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Something weird in tank after shed

Old 06-07-2005, 10:33 AM   #1
zwyatt
Something weird in tank after shed

Hi everybody,
My snow (1 year old, ~18-19 inches) just had her second shed, with me, last night. It seems to be fine with no missing eye caps or other pieces. The thing is this morning when I woke up and went to take the skin out I noticed something in her water dish. It looks like a little organ of some kind (you can definitely see veins in it). It only has a little smell to it, but you can't even notice it unless you put your nose close. I took her out just to check her over. She looks fine her belly around her vent looks fine. She last ate two pinkies 4 days ago. She has eaten two pinkies three times now. Temps have been in the low to mid 80's. Could it be part of a pinkie? And if so should it be treated as a full blown regurge? There was also a big spot of fresh poop under her hide when I took her out this morning. Thanks for any help

Old 06-07-2005, 10:51 AM   #2
Jynx
probably was a nice little fecal present for you A lot of them feel the need to let themselves rip after shedding.

Old 06-07-2005, 10:52 AM   #3
norbert03
my guess would be...

that she regurgitated, yes. perhaps the shedding process was a little stressful and she wasn't fully digested at the time so she got an upset stomach. i would suggest keeping the temparatures around where you have them, wait ten days before attempting to feed her, and avoid handling her for a week or so.

Old 06-07-2005, 06:47 PM   #4
zwyatt
Thanks for the input. I figured I would probably treat it as a regurge just to be safe. I hate to make her wait 15 days (since it's already been 5) before she gets to eat if it wasn't a full on regurge, but I'd rather be safe.

Old 06-07-2005, 07:18 PM   #5
CAV
I'm confused

Are you planning on waiting 20 days to feed? If so, why?

Old 06-07-2005, 07:18 PM   #6
MegF.
Wait ten days total. You only need to wait another five. Make sure you feed a smaller sized item for the next two or three feedings.

Old 06-07-2005, 07:19 PM   #7
MegF.
Ooops, your too fast for me Cav!

Old 06-07-2005, 08:03 PM   #8
zwyatt
She last ate 5 days ago. The piece that I found in the water dish just appeared last night which is 4 days after she ate. I thought you waited 10 days after the regurge to feed again. If so, I was saying it would have been 14-15 days since she last ate which I know snakes can do standing on their heads so it's not a huge deal. Hopefully this clears up the confusion.

Old 06-07-2005, 11:08 PM   #9
Drizzt80
Personally after 4 days I would not be comfortable calling it a regurge (though I'm sure someone, somewhere has had one happen after that long) . . . if you'd happened to take a pic of it that would be a better way to tell what it might have been. Sounds like poo in the water dish to me. I've personally never had a regurge, with my snakes, any longer than 48 hours after feeding.

D80

Old 06-07-2005, 11:31 PM   #10
zwyatt
Sorry, I didn't have a camera handy and after I took it out of the water it didn't look the same for very long. It didn't really feel like a regurge, but I'm not all that experienced.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google