CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

adult hides

Old 11-05-2005, 10:11 AM   #1
skullmaster
adult hides

what do you use for adult hides that dont take up half the viv?
do adults need hides or would some more fake plants work

Old 11-05-2005, 10:32 AM   #2
Silt
I suggest hides have a hide and possibly a fake plant or two -- it makes the viv more interesting for the snake.
As for what type of hide, I say get an exo-terra one. They're awesome! They last forever so you never need to replace them. Here's a pic. of my corn on one of them:

But be careful of where you buy it, as different pet stores' prices can very drastically. At my local pet store, the largest one was about $22, so I waited until a reptile show (<---- the best place to get it), and they were selling it for only $14! BUT they were having a 50% off sale, so it was ONLY $7!!!

Old 11-05-2005, 10:38 AM   #3
mbdorfer
I like these plastic flower pot saucers. The one in the pic is approx. 9" in diameter. There is a 4' GPR in there The best part is they cost about $1.69

Old 11-05-2005, 11:28 AM   #4
MegF.
I use exo-terra caves, a cardboard box, and the favorite of one of my Okeetee's: a Kleenex tissue box.

Old 11-06-2005, 09:28 AM   #5
Shaky
cereal boxes, other cardboard food boxes, flower pot shards, dog bowls(with an entrance hole cut out), carefully arranged flat rocks.
Basically anything they can wedge themselves into or under.

Old 11-06-2005, 10:16 AM   #6
shrimply
Cork bark is also great and cheap.

Old 11-06-2005, 08:49 PM   #7
kr0316
I broke a hole in a terracotta plate.

Old 11-07-2005, 04:54 PM   #8
SnakeAround
If only them exo-terra's were brown or reddish and not vomit-like greenish... Vomit-hides

Old 11-08-2005, 08:25 AM   #9
ChiaraMom
agree with Blutengel. vormit-like greenish. how better can you decribe that color? i have one of them in my viv, but my kiki never goes in there.

she loves the t-shirt, and it can still work wonderfully when she gets bigger. the problem is it is wearing thinner, since i wash it so often, and with boiling water once every week.

another hide kiki recently likes a lot is the wood house i got her. it's a two floor house, put on the UTH. she has around 90 on the ground floor, and around 80 on the second. she hides there a lot too. here's a pic:

Old 11-08-2005, 10:27 AM   #10
Gintha
I have some exo-terra hides.. I find they heat up like crazy! i use hardened plastic dog food bowls from wal-mart LOL $2.95 CAD. Just a door in em and they work great, and are dishwasher safe! What I use! They are cheaper here for some reason.. I use the medium size for water bowls and the large size for hides.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google