CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

Weird behavior

Old 02-01-2021, 11:52 AM   #21
Nicktendo
Ah ok. Didn’t know I was power feeding. Good to know. I have a vet visit scheduled for Wednesday. Hopefully she turns out fine and It’s just my anxiety getting the best of me. I’ll go back to feeding every 7 days

Old 02-01-2021, 04:48 PM   #22
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicktendo View Post
Where would I get this flagyl and would it tell me how much to give my baby corn snake?
You really need to consult with a veterinarian for this. I used to consult with a really good exotic animal vet (Dr. Rich Funk) when I had issues that needed to be dealt with.

Old 02-02-2021, 01:31 AM   #23
Nicktendo
I have a vet visit scheduled for Wednesday. I need someone to look at her and tell me she is ok so I can stop constantly worrying. I’m sure she’s getting annoyed at me checking on her every hour I’m home lol

Old 02-02-2021, 01:39 PM   #24
LyraFamily
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicktendo View Post
Where would I get this flagyl and would it tell me how much to give my baby corn snake?
I believe Flagyl is still by prescription only here. It is typically prescribed after lab work (blood and fecal samples) confirms the presence of specific bacteria, protozoans, etc.

Good luck at the docs! Please keep us posted.

Old 02-05-2021, 03:58 AM   #25
Nicktendo
I got a WiFi cam to keep a better eye on her. She barely comes out unless I get her out to handle. She goes around her viv once and then goes back into a hide. It still doesn’t seem like she’s going to shed. Going to try her first fuzzy in about 8 hours when I get off work. She used to always be out until she regurged about a month ago. (She’s only regurged that one time) When I handle her she moves around and does wrap her tail around my fingers when I put my fingers to her tail. She is flicking her tongue a lot still. Does everything sound normal that I’m describing? I’ve been weighing her every few days since I got the scale and she still weighs 7 grams so she isn’t losing weight either.. what’s your opinion? I’m excited to try the fuzzy but nervous at the same time, I chose the smallest fuzzy but it’s probably a little more than 1.5 her thickest part still..should that still be ok? I feel like if she was sick from the regurge she would have gotten much worse by now since it’s been almost a month now... let me know what you think and wish me and her luck on her first fuzzy! I will keep you updated on the feeding. Thanks for your time and expertise everyone! you have made me feel so much better!

Old 02-05-2021, 10:47 AM   #26
hypnoctopus
She won't really gain or lose weight within a few days. At most you could weigh her before every feeding (although for babies, unless you have a scale that will tell you fractions of a gram, you won't usually see weight gain every feeding). If she really is only 7 grams, she is not ready for a fuzzy. 7 grams is a typical weight for a newly hatched baby, so she should still be eating pinkies at that size.

Old 02-05-2021, 08:06 PM   #27
SnakeCreations
I agree, fuzzies would be too big. What did the vet say?

-Tonya

Old 02-06-2021, 09:12 AM   #28
Nicktendo
A bunch of people were telling me she is ok. I saved the vet visit for another time. And I fed her a small fuzzy. It’s been 24 hours. She still has a lump but she’s keeping it down...

Old 02-06-2021, 09:13 AM   #29
Nicktendo
A bunch of people were telling me she is ok. I saved the vet visit for another time. And I fed her a small fuzzy. It’s been 24 hours. She still has a lump but she’s keeping it down...

Old 02-07-2021, 01:50 AM   #30
Nicktendo
She regurged the small fuzzy after about 30 hours. I think it was just too big.. is it normal for a snake to act lethargic after regurgitating? I’m gunna wait 7 days and feed her only 1 pinky. I have a trial packet of reptivite. I wasn’t going to use it because it only mentions insects and veggies on directions but would it be ok to dust her pinky with it to get her strength back? And is there anything I can do to make sure she doesn’t get sick from regurgitating the food? Any sure signs to look out for the next 7 days that tells me she is sick from regurgitating or from something else?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google