CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Fed Ex Shipping Certification Procedure

Old 07-03-2009, 01:41 PM   #11
Hypancistrus
Nanci, what type of account did you apply for? The only one I found says for "mid-large sized businesses."

Old 07-03-2009, 01:51 PM   #12
Nanci
Lauren, I don't remember being asked that question!

I filled out this:

http://tinyurl.com/l3b8cf

Old 07-03-2009, 03:42 PM   #13
cornspot
I don't think I had to choose a business type either.

Old 07-07-2009, 08:53 PM   #14
chaoticstone
I have one question, how do you get around the not mailing directly to a business? (I'm thinking that is a written rule that isn't followed but asking any way) Here is the link that I found about shipping, #20.

http://www.fedex.com/us/services/ter...ml#liveanimals

Thanks

Old 07-08-2009, 05:23 AM   #15
Nanci
Either require the package to be held for pick-up or only shipping to a business. Many people here, probably most that would be interested in my babies, have home-based snake breeding businesses and are registered as such with the American Cornsnake Registry.

Old 07-08-2009, 12:10 PM   #16
kathylove
So far, FedEx has "looked the other way" for shipments to a home business, whether registered or not. But I do everything I can to discourage it, including offering a better guarantee and cheaper shipping when picked up at the FedEx office, or AT LEAST, when sent to a commercial business address (drivers usually do business deliveries first, then homes).

Remember, if any mistake is made by FedEx (wrong address delivery, getting lost, late delivery, or exposure to extreme temps), it is MOST likely to happen with the delivery driver, not on the way to the destination city. So avoid that last step whenever you can, and have it picked up at the FedEx office.

Old 09-17-2009, 06:19 PM   #17
Nanci
Preparatory to shipping my first snake in a couple weeks, I stopped by Fed Ex to make sure things would go smoothly. I love my Fed Ex ladies! "It's not our pink snake is it???" one asked!! (They remember being introduced to my little pink snake, Mingo, when she arrived. She won the hearts of everyone at my Fed Ex hub by being so cute and pretty and precious!!) No, not her, I assured them. I had my release of liability with me, and she looked me up in the computer, and I am indeed on The List. They made sure I knew not to ship after Wednesday! They told me that my package would be held inside until it was loaded on the truck at 6PM, so I could account for that in my heating plans. So- I feel very comfortable with my end of the shipping process!

Old 09-19-2009, 04:33 PM   #18
sweet~nichole~marie
Awesome thread, Nanci. I plan on doing this in the future and this will be a great help!

Old 09-19-2009, 04:36 PM   #19
RobbiesCornField
Another question with regards to the "business". If you have your home address listed as your facility when you register a "fictitious name", does it count as a business?

Old 10-08-2009, 05:24 PM   #20
Nanci
I can't help you with that Robbie, but I do have new information to add.

I shipped out my first snake last week. Everything went fine. When I dropped her off, I didn't have to pay. I guess I thought since they had my debit card on file, they would just charge that. But no, I got a bill in the mail today. FYI.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
certified, fedex, shipping reptiles, shipping snakes