CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Help, Stain from Betadine Bath. Will it go away?

Old 02-20-2022, 12:29 PM   #1
JPNLKT
Help, Stain from Betadine Bath. Will it go away?

Hi, I have a hatchling palmetto corn snake who's tip of his tail has a bit of tail rot. And I did research that a short soak in a Betadine solution 2-3 times a day, and then some Neosporin can help treat it while I'm waiting to get into a vet. (Vets are booked out 2-3 weeks where I live). I soaked him in a Betadine solution that was I'd say 1 part betadine to 5 parts water. And I let him soak in that for about 5 minutes I'd say. And now he's a yellow snake.... And I'm sure you all know how beautifully white Palmetto's are supposed to be. I'm really scared that this stain is permanent. He just shed yesterday, which is when I noticed the tail rot.

If he's just going to be yellow until his next shed, I can live with that, but if I've permanently stained him.... I'll be devastated.

Old 02-20-2022, 12:31 PM   #2
JPNLKT
Continuing his treatment, I won't be giving him full body soaks anymore. I'll do my best to just dip his tail in, but with how squirmy corn snakes are, that'll be hard, which is why I opted for the full bath this first time..... Sigh.

Old 02-20-2022, 06:09 PM   #3
hypnoctopus
Although I haven't done betadine with a white snake, I feel like it's very likely that it will be completely gone by the next shed.

Old 02-21-2022, 02:46 PM   #4
blacktip
I also imagine it would disappear with the next shed.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
betadine, corn snake, stain, tail rot, treatment