CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Bad/Incomplete Shed: What To Do

Old 06-10-2009, 05:10 AM   #41
Nanci
Lila was bred by Supernova Reptiles, and came to me through Waldo on this site. Thank you!

Old 09-12-2009, 12:43 AM   #42
TxMomto4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
Next, take your beautiful snake out for a photoshoot in her new skin!

Thanks for looking- hopefully this will help someone down the line!

Nanci
WOW!! Just the advice I needed!! THANKS!!!!!

PS. BEAUTIFUL snake!! LOVE THE COLOR!

Old 12-29-2009, 11:11 PM   #43
Cornflake514
I believe it was you that commented on my post about first time feeding and an incomplete shed.
I got my snake about a week ago, and his scales aren't as bad as the ones in the pics, but they are kinda flakey. Thanks for the advice, and your "photo shoot" pics are so cute. I'm going to give my little guy some time to digest then give this a try.
Thanks again.

Old 12-29-2009, 11:30 PM   #44
Teddy Roosevelt
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDRGM View Post
Maloof............. it does work on tip of tail..... i have just done it with my Amel, I put her in feed box with water (70*) left her twenty minutes and voila there it was on the towel ( she also left me something else..........a poop lol)

NANCI.......thank you for such a great post and explanation with pics too , I would have known how to remove it otherwise

thanx again

Kev
LOL! Nanci forgot to mention the effect warm water has on a snake's bowels...

Old 12-31-2009, 07:44 AM   #45
Tracee
Nanci, could you make this thread a sticky with your new found powers?
I often go to link to it and can't find it quick enough.

Old 12-31-2009, 08:07 AM   #46
Nanci
Hmmm- I'll have to investigate how to do that! When I wrote the thread I tried to make it a title I would remember because I knew I'd be referring people to it a lot!

Old 12-31-2009, 12:09 PM   #47
salvadorian
So is there need to worry when a snake is "in blue" for too long? How long are they in blue?

Old 12-31-2009, 12:13 PM   #48
Nanci
You can't do anything to speed the shed along, anyway. The whole process can take up to two weeks for a cornsnake, but two weeks is longer than usual. I'd estimate about 7-12 days for the entire process, depending on how good you are at detecting the very first signs.

Old 12-31-2009, 12:24 PM   #49
salvadorian
Alright. That puts me a little more at ease. Thank you!

Old 12-31-2009, 05:16 PM   #50
KDRGM
Is going to agree with Nanci, mine usualy take 7-12 days like Nanci sed "if you know the signs "

Pepper...... I knew the effects, just didnt think ske would poop, she pretty shy snake

i also think this should be "Stickied"

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
shedding problem