CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

Shed issues.

Old 05-06-2016, 11:30 AM   #1
Syachi
Shed issues.

Alright I guess this is probably a common question by now here. My corn went into blue two days ago, cleared up and when I got up this morning I found a beautifully long shed ... minus a tail.

I've checked my humidity it's doing good and I double checked that his eyecaps came off and thankfully they did. The only part of Gizmo that didn't shed is his tail tip and he doesn't seem too interested in trying to get it off. I'm not fully sure what to do.

I did get a towel damp and held him with it on my lap and it seemed to help but now the stuck skin is closer to the smaller part of his tail and refuses to budge. I put him back in his home since I didn't want to stress him out too much.

Any advice on how to get that last bit of shed off his tail?

Old 05-06-2016, 12:51 PM   #2
yellowfox
I have one snake who always needs help with the tip of her tail. I have 4 corns and she is the only one I have a problem with . I soak her for 15 to 20 minutes. Thin using a wet warsh cloth that I keep dipping in the water gently but firmly rub it till it comes off. For some reason getting a stuck tip off is harder than getting any other bad shed problem off . My ball pythons needed help their first few sheds till I found a way to raise the humidity that worked for me.

Old 05-07-2016, 09:46 AM   #3
Syachi
Thank you for the advice! I went ahead and did that this morning and I managed to get that tip of shed off of him.~ He's a grumpy gus now but I feel comfortable knowing he's free of his old skin completely now.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
corn snake, shedding problem