CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Mystic Exotics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Mystic Exotics Welcome! Mystic Exotics is a small, home-based business in the PNW. Here you will find photos of my animals, breeding projects, and occasional random fun stuff. Thank you for visiting!

2019 Planned pairings (eggs are on the ground, and babies have begun hatching!!)

Old 01-18-2019, 04:55 PM   #1
MysticExotics
2019 Planned pairings (eggs are on the ground, and babies have begun hatching!!)

This season I will be pairing four of my Miami Tessera's from the Miami Tessera X Miami Tessera clutch, to see if/which ones are Homo/Super Tessera's. I will also find out if four of them are het for Amel or not.

One of the projects is for Candy Cane Tessera's. If the female (produced here, now owned by a friend of mine) is het for Amel, there should be some stunning babies. I'm excited for that clutch either way!

Here are the planned pairings: (I'll have to break the photos up into a few posts)

Aeetees X Ametrite
Aeetees X Echo

Photos in order:
Aeetees - Candy Cane het Cinder- produced by Nanci LeVake
Ametrite - Miami Tessera poss Homo/Super, p/h Amel, produced here
Echo (last two photos) - Miami Tessera p/h Amel, produced here, owned by my friend Rachel.

**The progression thread for this clutch is HERE

Old 01-18-2019, 04:59 PM   #2
MysticExotics
The next two pairs:

Flint X Coral Snow **Progression thread for this clutch is HERE

Hematite X Aster**Progression thread for this clutch is HERE

Photos in order:
Flint - Miami Tessera poss Homo/Super, p/h Amel produced here
Coral Snow - owned by my friend Matt of NW Bloodlines, SMR line Coral Snow

Hematite - Miami Tessera poss Homo/Super, p/h Amel produced here
Aster - LBR Miami, produced by Carol Huddleston

Old 01-18-2019, 05:07 PM   #3
MysticExotics
And last but not least:

Obsidian X Kalypso **The progression thread for this clutch is HERE

Photos:
Obsidian - Miami Tessera poss Homo/Super p/h Amel, produced here **Obsidian is available
Kalypso - Amel het Anery, produced by Matt of NWBloodlines, out of an unusual Amel X NWB Coral/Salmon/Champagne line female

Brokk - Miami Tessera het Amel, produced here
Henna - Miami ph Amel,Anery, produced by Live Oak Serpents

The saturated color on both of these snakes should produce some beautiful babies!

Brokk X Henna **The progression thread will be HERE once they hatch
I hadn't planned on pairing my female Henna, but she showed signs of ovulating, so I put my Miami Tessera male, Brokk in with her, and she ended up laying eggs! They're still cooking, and should hatch near the mid/end of July.

Old 01-19-2019, 11:01 AM   #4
Twolunger
The excitement is growing. Hope you produce some real stunners this year. I've got to wait another year on my 2016 females, but am pairing up 3 adults this year. I'm gradually keeping only the morphs I really like.

Old 01-19-2019, 11:50 AM   #5
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twolunger View Post
The excitement is growing. Hope you produce some real stunners this year. I've got to wait another year on my 2016 females, but am pairing up 3 adults this year. I'm gradually keeping only the morphs I really like.
Thank you!
I ended up reducing my projects to just a couple that I want to focus on.

I am very excited about this year's projects!

Old 01-22-2019, 08:50 AM   #6
67temp
It looks like you will be busy with a lot of little babies once they start hatching. Are most of your pairings to test for poss. supers?

Old 01-22-2019, 09:18 AM   #7
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67temp View Post
It looks like you will be busy with a lot of little babies once they start hatching. Are most of your pairings to test for poss. supers?
If Murphy is kind to me, yes, I will have a lot of babies. LOL

Yes, most of them are to test for Homo Dom/Super.
I'm really excited about these pairings!
The one pairing that is not, is part of my Candy Cane Tessera project. I paired them last year, but my breeding season was cut short with the death of my father, and I think he caught her at the beginning of ovulation, she had one egg that was good, but the baby died shortly after hatching. It was a beautiful little Miami Tessera.
That is the clutch that we will hold most of the babies back. That and the Aster clutch, to continue my thick border Miami Tessera project.

Old 02-02-2019, 01:10 PM   #8
KellC
Wow! Obsidian is breathtaking!

Old 02-02-2019, 01:36 PM   #9
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellC View Post
Wow! Obsidian is breathtaking!
Thank you!
I think it's a throwback from his grandsire, who was an Okeetee Tessera.
I've been working on producing more Miami phase coloring, but he was so pretty, I couldn't let him go.

I'm excited to see how the babies turn out. This is his first year breeding, so hopefully he figures it out! LOL

Old 02-20-2019, 12:45 PM   #10
albinoscooby
These are all beautiful snakes! You'll have some great outcomes

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google