CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

Live plants in viv?

Old 10-07-2017, 02:04 PM   #1
LionessModeling
Live plants in viv?

Do you think it's be okay if I put live plants and potting soil in the 80gal tank with the stripe it'd be Okay?
I have so many plants and no where to put them all and very little substrate.
I'm not sure if my plants are safe for snakes or not.

Here are pics of my 4 plants.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Old 10-07-2017, 03:05 PM   #2
Arpolis
I see nothing wrong with plants but any soil used, I wouldn't make sure it is not miracle grow or any with added fertilizers. Only issues you may find in a tank setup could be a buildup of too much humidity depending on lights, heating and type of lid used.. So that should be monitored.

Old 10-07-2017, 03:07 PM   #3
LionessModeling
I'm getting hygrometor soon for the tank.

Old 10-07-2017, 03:16 PM   #4
LionessModeling
Looked up safe plants for corn snakes online.

Old 07-09-2021, 12:58 PM   #5
florinevier
The best place where you can put a plant is in its natural habit. Of course, it depends on the plant because plants need a lot of sunlight, and some plants need water and less sun. That is why, before planting something, you should research a bit about it and learn how to take care of it. Also, you have to buy different tools that can help you with this task. Find on the internet some weed pullers reviews. It might be handy if you have plans to plant something. Hope I helped you at least somehow.

Old 07-09-2021, 02:28 PM   #6
blacktip
I don't know how big your corn snake is but one concern I would have with putting plants with a corn snake would be the durability and stability of the plants. A full grown corn snake could easily topple over potted plants and possibly destroy more delicate plants just with the weight of their bodies.

Old 08-22-2021, 09:54 PM   #7
MeredithRachel
Live Vivarium & Terrarium Plants. High quality living plants for your terrarium or vivarium. Great for creating natural or bioactive habitats.As the addition of live plants in reptile terrariums and vivariums continues to grow in popularity, we thought it was about time Swell.The best plants for bioactive terrariums & live vivarium environments. Ultra healthy, organically grown, and chemical free plants for sale. Animal safe!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google