CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Cleo

Old 09-16-2021, 09:06 AM   #1
Thisdude
Cleo

Hi fellow corn snake lovers! My albino corn Cleo was almost 20 and passed away yesterday. She was the best...always got excited at meal time...she only regurgitated once in her whole life...whenever I would clean the viv she would think it was meal time at first and when she realized it was me cleaning she would go under one of her logs and let me clean. She behaved so well and we had her for her entire life. She just got fed 4 days ago...ate with no problems. Then yesterday she was in an odd position and I always was able to get her attention by tapping softly on the viv cover. She would always come out ready to eat. When there was no movement I had a feeling something was wrong. She did lose a bit of weight but very little. I think it was just her time. I will miss her terribly.

Does anyone know of or have an adult corn for sale I would love hearing. Cleo had a diet of thawed mice and would like the same in my new corn. The viv I have is large suitable for a full or almost full grown corn.

Thanks for reading & have a nice day!

Jim

Old 09-16-2021, 01:21 PM   #2
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisdude View Post
Hi fellow corn snake lovers! My albino corn Cleo was almost 20 and passed away yesterday. She was the best...always got excited at meal time...she only regurgitated once in her whole life...whenever I would clean the viv she would think it was meal time at first and when she realized it was me cleaning she would go under one of her logs and let me clean. She behaved so well and we had her for her entire life. She just got fed 4 days ago...ate with no problems. Then yesterday she was in an odd position and I always was able to get her attention by tapping softly on the viv cover. She would always come out ready to eat. When there was no movement I had a feeling something was wrong. She did lose a bit of weight but very little. I think it was just her time. I will miss her terribly.

Does anyone know of or have an adult corn for sale I would love hearing. Cleo had a diet of thawed mice and would like the same in my new corn. The viv I have is large suitable for a full or almost full grown corn.

Thanks for reading & have a nice day!

Jim
Jim,
Sorry to hear about your loss, that is always difficult.
The only adult I have is a female Miami Tessera that is possibly homo dominant. She does not like to be handled, and does not sit still. LOL
She's been flighty since she was a baby.

This is the best picture of her (it is a little older pic) because it is hard to get a still shot of her.

Old 09-16-2021, 01:50 PM   #3
hypnoctopus
I'm sorry to hear that she died, although it sounds like she had a wonderful and long life with you! I don't have any snakes available right now, but this one was just posted by another member here and might be a good fit for you: https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/sh...30#post1743430

Old 09-16-2021, 02:52 PM   #4
Thisdude
Thanks for the reply. The pic is beautiful! I will give myself a few weeks and then be ready for a new Corn Snake. As far as not liking being handled Cleo was not a fan of that either so we hardly ever picked her up....we wanted a stress free life for her & she liked it living till almost 20. So limited handling is not a problem. Again, many thanks for the reply!

Jim

Old 09-16-2021, 02:54 PM   #5
Thisdude
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnoctopus View Post
I'm sorry to hear that she died, although it sounds like she had a wonderful and long life with you! I don't have any snakes available right now, but this one was just posted by another member here and might be a good fit for you: https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/sh...30#post1743430
Thank you Hypnoctopus that is a cool looking snake!

Old 09-17-2021, 12:11 AM   #6
SnakeCreations
I am sorry for your loss, it sounds like you gave her a great life.

I would echo a snake from Miranda - she's the best and I've gotten some really cool snakes from her. I have a few retired breeders that I'm looking for the right homes for. Hit me up when you're ready and I can show you what I have.

Warmly,

Tonya

Old 09-17-2021, 07:12 AM   #7
Thisdude
I sure will Tonya & thanks for the kind words! I am very curious to see what you have.

Take care,

Jim

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
albino, cleo