CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Cornsnake feeding question.

Old 03-17-2022, 05:37 PM   #1
Nyrkorey
Cornsnake feeding question.

So my boy is doing amazing! He is so friendly. Loves being handled and is an awesome eater. So he is my first snake, so I've looked up the munson feeding plan, may of spelt it wrong. So he is about 30 grams now. Should I keep him at small fuzzies or go to regular. As this is my first snake , a regular fuzzie to me would seem so big for him, I figured I ask you snake experts on here! What you guys do. Even small fuzzies seem big to me for him but that's me, his weight says differently lol

Old 03-17-2022, 06:56 PM   #2
hypnoctopus
The Munson plan is great, but a bit on the aggressive side. I like to follow it loosely, but extend the days between feeds and wait until the snake is further into the weight range before moving up. Since your guy is 30 grams, I would keep him on a small fuzzy about every 7 days and then move him up to large fuzzies when he's around 35-40 grams.

Old 03-19-2022, 10:14 AM   #3
Nyrkorey
Awesome, thanks for the reply! The fuzzies he is ons now is about 7grams, is that OK for him? Like big enough for him?

Old 03-19-2022, 04:55 PM   #4
hypnoctopus
Yup, that size works fine for him.

Old 03-20-2022, 09:00 PM   #5
Caryl
You're doing just the right things. Keep up the good work. I also generally do as @hypnoctopus says and wait to move my babies up until they're a bit deeper into the suggested weight range on the Munson plan. It's also fine to keep using smaller sized food items if you have extras in the freezer when your baby's ready for more.

Sent from my SM-A716U1 using Tapatalk

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google