CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Natural History/Field Observation
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Natural History/Field Observation Field observations of corn snakes, field collecting, or just general topics about the natural environment they are found in.

Black water snake

Old 04-26-2020, 09:33 PM   #1
Rich Z
Black water snake

Yesterday Connie came into the house all excited about a snake she saw out by one of the buildings. She wasn't sure what kind it was, so she wanted me to hurry on up and get out there to see it before it vanished.

When I got out there, it wasn't where she had last seen it, but had moved about 6 ft or so along the wall of the building. Honestly at first I wasn't sure what it was, neither. At first I thought it was a hog-nosed snake, as we have seen them around here being pretty dark like that. But the head shape wasn't right. Certainly wasn't a cottonmouth, but I can see where Connie would have been a but cautious around it. Anyway, it didn't get too alarmed at out presence, only flattening it's head a bit when I got too close with the camera. Looks like it had piece of an eye cap on one eye, so possibly it just shed recently.

Not really any water real close by, but we do have a stream on the north end of the property. Maybe it is just the time of year for the snakes to be on the move around here.

Old 04-28-2020, 01:28 PM   #2
jackdriftwood
If i was there, would have kept it.

Old 04-29-2020, 01:34 AM   #3
Rich Z
Not me. My snake keeping days are over with. It is much more fun for me to see the wildlife outside doing their thing, thinking I don't have to take care of them.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google