CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Question about thermostats!

Old 07-27-2011, 12:57 PM   #1
Mayflower
Question about thermostats!

I have a young corn snake in an exo terra faunarium.

While I was told by the reptile store guy I wouldn't need a thermostat with my heat mat, I've found that the temperature goes up to 37C if unwatched (even with an air gap between mat and faunarium). So I've basically had to act as a thermostat myself, constantly switching it on and off.

Anyway, I've just got a Habistat Mat Stat and I'm wondering where to put it. At first I kinda assumed it would go INSIDE the faunarium with the thermometer sensors (I have one in the cool end, one on the warm end). But there are no holes in the faunarium big enough for the Habistat sensor to fit through. It's really chunky. :s

So basically, should the sensor be inside or outside the faunarium? Where should it be in relation to the heat mat?

Please help out a confused little noob. :|

Old 07-27-2011, 02:00 PM   #2
AliCat37
I am assuming that the Mat Stat is like a thermostat? I would put the probe on the outside and set it to the temp you want it. Check the temp inside the cage and adjust it if you find the temperature inside is too hot/cool, since you can't put the probe into the cage directly.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
temperature, thermostat